What do you do most?

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
I was wondering if most of you tPF'rs buy your bags new or used off of ebay ? I'm thinking I am going to buy my next bag brand new since my first one is used.. What do you all do ? :shrugs:

I buy the majority of my LV bags/accessories brand new from the LV store. But, I have bought one pre-owned bag and a few pre-owned accessories from private sellers on a few occasions and have been very happy with those purchases.

I prefer to buy new directly from the manufacturer, but I wait till the bag I love goes on sale.

I've purchased bags from ebay but they almost invariably arrive dinged, scratched, scuffed, smokey-smelling and not-as-described. I've also been noticing that some of the bags I've been stalking have been appearing on ebay at prices significantly higher prices than on sale sites like smartbargains.com and even at prices higher than on the manufacturer's web sites.

When I do purchase bags from ebay these days they're mostly well-loved vintage ones.

i have never bought anything off ebay i have only bought new but i have no problem with used like my mother gave me a vintage breif she boguht new back in the lat 70's early 80's but anyways i find that nothing can compare to going into the actual store and looking at the bags all displayed in the glass cases or on the shelves on the wall and wooden tables... and than having your favorite SA there to discuss a new purchase or last or inmy cases both lol plus i have been able to find some really great items on sale also than after awhile o fbuilding your repuatation with the company you can score an invite to the private trunk shows.... ti is just a persnal perference of mine to buy in store i just luv that fealing walking thru and hearing that trand or dance or w/e european music or sometimes some alternative music i remember hearing PJ harvey while in burberry store on spring lol has great music