Food What dinner does your family/SO love when you make?

Spaghetti and meatballs. This is what I make when I cook, since I don't cook very often and it's always what my husband begs me for.

Personally, I prefer my lasagna, but who am I to argue? :biggrin:

Ahh,they like when I do fried rice,they love it...here's the recipe for you..I hope that you like it too..
  • 5 to 6 cups cooked rice (preferably brown rice), well-chilled
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 11/2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon peanut oil (divided)
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper
  • 3 Chinese sausages (lap cheong or lap xuong), quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/3-inch pieces
  • 1 large bunch green onions, roots and tops trimmed, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch lengths
  • 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced

Attachments

• Chinsese fried rice.jpg
    Chinsese fried rice.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 36
My husband is Italian so I had to learn to make really good meatballs, his favorite food with ravioli, so they wouldn't be compared to his grandmother's. Personally (and most of the kids agree) I make a mean Aloo Gobi ( it's cauliflower, my favorite, and potatoes in a fab sauce and very easy) I prefer vegetable dishes but that never went over well with my husband.

My fiance adores my garlic mashed potatoes.. so any meal that has it.

My co-workers love my curry chicken, even though it's just trader joe's masala spinach curry sauce over sliced chicken.

Caspar...I have to try your fried rice recipe, I love oyster sauce (and rice;) )it sounds good!

Yeah,it's very good,I like oyster sauce too..the chinese sausages is very good too and I use to add a very little amount of wine when all ingredients has been mixed to the rice.. and I like this emoticon --->:yahoo: lol

Here's an easy one everyone loves (and it's veggie):

1 package of veggie ground beef - Yves in the refrigerator section, or Morningstar Farms in the freezer section

2 Medium size jars of Ragu Chunky tomato, onion & garlic sauce

Put the "meat" in a pot with the sauce and heat. Serve over whole wheat pasta.

If you're really feeling adventerous, serve this with roasted garlic bread: Cover a bulb of garlic in olive oil and wrap it in tinfoil. Roast in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes. Cut a loaf of Italian or French bread in half, spread butter and the roasted garlic on it, put some parmesan cheese over it and put under the broiler for a couple of minutes.

The only problem with the garlic bread is that it's so good that we all eat too much of it!