What Color Trench - Trench, Honey, Black?

I have a trench color burberry raincoat/jacket top. The first time I wore it, a guy sitting next to me dropped his wine glass and spilled red wine on it! I had such a hard time removing the stains and it was at that moment I wished I had bought the jacket in black or navy color. So yes trench is a beautiful color but any stains or dirt will be very noticeable.

My jaw literally dropped when i read this. You must've been devastated when your trench was stained!! I too am thinking of purchasing a Burberry Trench and still considering the colour. Thanks OP for starting the thread.

Trench for sure!! Although recently I saw an older woman on the train (grey hair, wrinkles and all) wearing a black Burberry trench. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, she looked SO classy!!!

I just bought mine yesterday in black. the mottram trench and I love it. I was at the boutique it was for $1095. Being very excited with my first purchase of trench Burberry I was looking on it online and found Neiman and Saks carrying the Mottram for $100 less. So I cancelled my original order and went for Neiman instead. If it doesn't turn out the same I will go back to the boutique as it will always be there because it's a classic piece. I am asian too, and tried on trench and black color, SA preferred black as I do too. BTW mottram fits my ht perfectly, not too long and not too short I'm 5'4.

I tried on the Mottram trench and fell in love!! I'm also 5'4 so the length was perfect on me.. How do you like it so far? I'm tempted to wait/pray that it goes on sale :cloud9:

Well, though I generally steer away from black in clothing anymore as I do not want to have a totally boring, all black collection, black is always a classic, will hide stains, problem areas and goes with everything so some black items are a staple in one's closet, for this reason, especially in a coat I would go with black, or.... military red sounds amazing if you want something totally different, depends on what you want and/or need, it totally depends on for what occasions and the person's closet. Since I got tons of clothes, coats, shoes, etc, anymore I tend to go with what is different, for this reason in the recent past I got a pair of coral red heels. If I got a trench, though I am not that into trenches I gotta admit but love their other coats, I think I would go with the red but again depends on your style, the occassions you are getting it for and of course your coloring but even though I am not Asian my coloring is pretty similar. Red would be striking on your but for everyday use I would go with the black, conversely if you got lots of black clothes then again vote for red even to the office.

I got the black Manston and quite frankly I'm in love. My SA and SIS said trench looked better but black is so chic, BTW I have a seasonal shade of blush, gold, trench from Burberry. I think One DARK and One Light is the way to go..

I tried on the Mottram trench and fell in love!! I'm also 5'4 so the length was perfect on me.. How do you like it so far? I'm tempted to wait/pray that it goes on sale :cloud9:
Sorry for the late reply. But I couldn't wait for it to go on sale and went ahead and got me Marystow in trench as well. It was 3 in longer. Can't wait to wear them. Trench is so classy as well as black.

Sorry for the late reply. But I couldn't wait for it to go on sale and went ahead and got me Marystow in trench as well. It was 3 in longer. Can't wait to wear them. Trench is so classy as well as black.

I recently tried on the Marystow and think I like it better than the Mottram since I tend to wear more skirts than pants. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

I got a trench in Honey a couple weeks ago and it is very flattering! I love the classic non-black colour but it doesn't wash me out like the Trench colour. I have Asian colouring on the warm, pale side if that helps with anyone's decision. (As a reference, I use YSL touche eclat 1.5 ;) )

Reactions: Havanese 28