What color should i get my prada bn2274 in?

What color should i get my bn2274 in?

• Black

• Cameo - blush pink

• Cornflower blue / Bluette

• Red

Results are only viewable after voting.

lil*miz*vixen

H & LV Mommy
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
Hi Ladies, :smile:

I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a bn2274 from the prada boutique...
I've called and found out what colors are available at the 3 prada boutiques near where i live. I'm down to Cameo,black, bluette/cornflower blue, or red.
I usually wear black coats and black/brown boots in the winter, in warmer weather i do wear lots of florals and colorful tops...

Cameo is the color that makes my heart sing but i've been burned with 2 prada superfakes and cameo was the color of one of them. I think the color cameo is absolutely gorgeous... I'm also afraid black and cameo are more often faked and black especially might be easier to deceive. I'm also afraid cameo would be more prone to color transfer and wear & corner scuffing would look real obvious.
BN2274_NZV_F0770-1.jpg

Black is the safest color to get, black will look newer for longer, but i already have a black prada vitello daino tote and lots of other black bags.
BN2274_NZV_F0002-1.jpg

Red - years ago red might have been the only color that i want in a prada saffiano tote, but probably bcoz i've been wanting it for so long that i've moved on....i used to be a red person (red car & red bags) but not anymore, i have a red jumbo and i think one red bag is plenty for me.
BN2274_NZV_F068Z-1.jpg

Bluette - I'm not a blue person, i don't think i've ever owned a blue bag...but blue might be the only color that is darker but still can be a pop of color against black clothes.
BN2274_NZV_F0016-1.jpg

What color do you suggest?

Many thanks :flowers: :smile:

Im partial to cameo. It is the most elegant and it is the color that i can picture myself still carrying even when im much older. Here's mine in 2274.
But on the other hand i agree that there are plenty of fakes of saffiano esp in this color and black.
So i would suggest bluette for you.

Attachments

• 2014-05-22 15.10.37.jpg
    2014-05-22 15.10.37.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,101
Bluette! Why?
1. You don't have a blue bag yet.
2. It will go well with your dark wardrobe.
3. Minimal possibility of color transfer
4. Gorgeous color!

Actually I love them all! Black is a standard beauty but pretty common. Cameo was my choice before but the color transfer will kill me! Red has a great pop but I personally prefer a smaller red bag - a big red bag in this style looks "loud" for me.

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks ladies
Went to Prada boutique last night and tried the colors on... I'm down to cameo and bluette but still undecided... if color transfer and wear is not an issue then definitely I would go with cameo, but I really want a color that I won't regret and say oh I wish I got that color, it would have looked newer longer....

cameo is gorgeous and will go with most things, and look really pretty against black, but like you say it may come in more colours, I'm holding out for more colours of the double zip travel tote, heres hoping

I woke up thinking if I should hold off for more earth tone colors when the fall colors come out... I think a brown would work very well with my wardrobe :confused1:
I have a story for you: I asked an LV SA if they still made the coin purse that I owned. Turns out they no longer sold it but, he proceeded to tell me stories about some lady that bought bags from him every week and then died never having worn a single one because she was waiting for a "special occasion" and her grandchildren didn't want the bags because they liked other brands and styles. He insisted that even if it's the last model of that coin purse and it's ruined and irreplaceable; so be it. Wear it and enjoy it because life is short. I also believe in taking good care of what you love so you can ensure longevity as much as possible. So, my advice is to get the color you love to use because no matter what color you choose, the bag will experience some kind of wear. And then take the best care you can. As you can see from some of my bags in my little profile photo, I wear all my bags; they are all beaten up even tho I store them stuffed and in their dust bags. As for my color choice for you, cameo because it seems you keep coming back to cameo. Also, I think you can make any color (cameo, red, blue, brown, black) work with neutrals and browns. Since earth tone colors are neutral colors, they will go with anything. Hope that helps and good luck! Can't wait to hear what you ultimately decide.

Last edited:
Let me throw in something different...I have never liked the color grey but, of late, it has its appeal to me - especially the grey-pearl tone color. There are a few tones of grey for the saffiano tote. The marmo (darker grey) with silver hardware is simply gorgeous and will go with most if not all. Out of the colors you indicated, my vote goes to cameo. It is most gorgeous IRL. I have a cameo bowler and have not had color transfer problems. I don't wear blue jeans but do wear dark colors. Good luck deciding.