What can you do if...

The company I use is International Checkout (InternationalCheckout.com - American products worldwide, fast International Shipping) but franky I do not know if they can also bid on Ebay on behalf of others...
IC works great with online stores, though! And their charges are not too high, I use them quite a lot.

Me too. I used them to buy a few items from Eluxury and Banana Republic not to mention indulging my passion for a shade of lipstick I can only get in the States. Great company, great service.

i've done this a few times.
i would ask the seller if they ming me bidding on the bag adn will pay through my paypal acc from here or with whatever payment terms they prefer. and have the bag shipped to my friend's address in states who will ship the bag to me later.
it's a little hassle because i have to pay more on the shipping, but if it's worth the hassle, i'll do it!

Riff Riff thats only a minimum amount. There is no set guidelines on what the final price will be.

Sometimes you can get a £400 item and it costs you £300 in customs, sometimes it costs £50.

I've learned my lesson in the past and queried it many times and they always quote that the min is what you quoted. So not worth it in my books