What came before Chanel?

chiaoapple

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
With regard to high-end bags, what preceded your wonderful descent into Chanel-land?
Did anyone start with Chanel?
I actually came across this forum because of Chanel – I was preparing to buy my first ever Chanel, the 2005 medium reissue in grey, and was researching it online. This forum gave me soooo much info, and I bought the reissue!
Before that, I bought Louis Vuitton and a bit of Gucci. Now, when I can buy bags, it’s mainly Chanel (with a bit of Bottega Veneta thrown in) ~~
How about you?

It's funny that Chanel reissue was the reason I found tPF. But when I got here, I was so overwhelmed that I hid out in the Balenciaga forum for a while. MJ was my very first love before tPF, then I explored Gucci, then Balenciaga, then I finally ventured into Chanel again last fall, and hasn't left since!

First was the green Army/Navy surplus messenger bags. Stop laughing, it's true. I graduated to Coach while friends were doing the Dooney Burke thing; I'm trying hard not to go yuck but I have the first sentence down so. . . My first Chanel was the bucket bag which I found in an upscale consignment shop. The day I walked into the Chanel boutique I was smitten and mesmerized both by the bags and fantasy weave jackets. I own two 60's Pucci bags, a few newer ones, but Chanel owns my heart :smile:

MJ and Gucci. I still love Gucci , Im not a monogram girl though. . My aunt always wears Chanel , so I would always admire her bags. I wasnt into the classic flap bags, I love the patent blush !!!! I love all bags but new style Chanels are catching my eye . Chanel now apeals to everyone ,all ages, styles and looks.

going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back to high school {13 yrs ago} my exact path was:
D&B - tradional old British Tan large drawstring bag
then Coach
then Burberry
then Gucci
then LV
and my final resting place.
CHANEL:love: