What are your toughts on Abercrombie & Fitch?

I don't like the store atmosphere. It is too dark and the music is too loud. I do like the way their clothes fit though. I use their button-down shirts for work because they are fitted and not loose at the chest. I think I'm too old for the rest of their stuff.

Edit: I also wanted to add that my male 29-year old boss wears a lot of A&F button downs too. I think he likes the way they fit, but I've never asked him why.

whatevr...I totally wear A&f and Hollister like everyday all day...it's so comfy...preppy...sexy...and cute!!! I love Abercrombie but I like Holister better cause it's a lil more beachy...and everything is low rise...but yeah...I'm 29 years old.

I have noticed too that they don't seem to hire non-white staff. I thought it was weird too but I don't have a store anywhere near me so I don't go often and I don't buy their stuff online. :shrugs:

its "sex sells" marketing gone wild. and their ads are a little disturbing sometimes. I'm no prude but are they selling clothing or young boys? their catalogs are like a NAMBLA magazine.
I do like some of their styles and can still fit in some (even though I'm 44) but the dark stores and loud music hafta go. I call their sister store Hollister, "HOLLA-STORE" cause the music is so friggin loud you can't even hear the sales clerks.

wow, what an article...I had no idea! Jeffries kinda creeeeps me out.

As far as A&F clothes, they aren't for me but I would definitely take my friends' teenagers shopping there!

I like their hoodies and distressed jeans but thats pretty much it. I'm still 23 so I'll probably be wearing this stuff for another 2 years. IMO the jeans are way over priced, I think they are like 80 a pair, which is twice as much as Hollister and A & E. Cute clothes though.

Well, I work at A&F, its a cool place to work at (Not much work is done). As well their hours are VERY flexible (Since im a student in college),its a great part time,and I get paid good for what I do, in a healthy surrounding. Yes, we spray the store with FIERCE!(Our mens colongne). I like their clothing (Their jeans fit me good & and so does their shirts, Im 5'8 & 119). To be honest before working ther I didnt purchase their clothing,but they have decent casual wear. Yes every year they repeate their styles but Abercrombie & Fitch isnt HIGH FASHION, its casual wear,you shouldnt expect much "Fashionable" designs.The reason why the store is dimm,because it makes people look better (Its a joke in the store)

thanks jadore! gonna get it later and spray it all over my room haha! :roflmfao: there will no longer be a need for me to pop into abercrombie and walk around just to sniff the air liek some addict!

Oh....Abercrombie.:tender: I worked there for THREE years in college (I still can't believe it) It was actually a great place to work besides the pay, lol. I got to meet a ton of coeds that were my age who lived in the area. I had the best clothes before anyone else for 30-50% off. But the cons were, yeah that stuff is WAY overpriced, and every time I go in there I can't believe people spend $49.50 on their logo'd tees. Also, I saw a lot of discrimination as I was close with the management. It was based upon your looks and nothing more. A few years ago I was actually contacted by a law office telling me that I was able to participate in their lawsuit against AF because of the years that I had worked there. Crazy. I don't shop there anymore (25 now) but sometimes I'll take a peek inside and have a little laugh to myself.

I love A&F and Hollister...but I'm 15 LOL.
They have pretty good quality clothing at reasonable prices which is why I buy. But sometimes I do get tired of how...uniform...everything looks. It gets boring. That's why I'm swaying from Hollister because I think A&F has a more sophisticated and "high-class" feel to it.

I do feel their near-nude ads are a bit much though...

And on a side note, I'm addicted to Hollister cologne..LOL. I sniff my clothes so much when I get home! :P