What are your thoughts on Celine shoes, i.e. loafer for comfort and fit?

Hi! I have a pair of their classic luco loafers and they’re really comfortable! My feet are a bit wide and I’m prone to blisters but didn’t get any issues with them even on the first wear! I wear a 39 for the Celine boots/patapans and a 39.5 for the loafers. Hope it helps!

Reactions: viba424
Hi! I have a pair of their classic luco loafers and they’re really comfortable! My feet are a bit wide and I’m prone to blisters but didn’t get any issues with them even on the first wear! I wear a 39 for the Celine boots/patapans and a 39.5 for the loafers. Hope it helps!
Your input is super helpful as it’s really hard to figure this out remotely. I am a 8.5 medium normally and figured 39 is a safe bet

The SA in Paris called the loafers “bull leather” being hard and taking time to break in but that is the nature of almost loafers. I think I may just order them

I own these and should have invested in blister bandaids that being said, I love them but they definitely take some breaking in. I‘m normally an 8.5 but bought these in a 38 because I found the 39 moved too much but my feet are on the narrower side.

I own these and should have invested in blister bandaids that being said, I love them but they definitely take some breaking in. I‘m normally an 8.5 but bought these in a 38 because I found the 39 moved too much but my feet are on the narrower side.
Did you think 38 was still the right way to go? I am also 8.5 M but am more used to defaulting to a 39. Do you find them versatile, comfortable to walk in?

Did you think 38 was still the right way to go? I am also 8.5 M but am more used to defaulting to a 39. Do you find them versatile, comfortable to walk in?
I only find them comfortable with socks on so I do wonder if I’d be better off with a 39. I can handle commuting in them (I live in NY) but wouldn’t wear them to walk around the city all day. They’re definitely versatile and I always get compliments when I wear them. I have hope that they’ll continue to get more comfortable as time goes on lol.

Your input is super helpful as it’s really hard to figure this out remotely. I am a 8.5 medium normally and figured 39 is a safe bet

The SA in Paris called the loafers “bull leather” being hard and taking time to break in but that is the nature of almost loafers. I think I may just order them
I would recommend going half a size bigger. Indeed they're quite stiff and you'll be more comfortable. I'm not sure what my Us size is but if this helps I'm wearing a size 40.5 in Chanel ballet flats, 41 in Hermes Oran, 39 in Converse !

I just bought this exact pair today! I know it will take some time to break them in (with socks, and bandaids on hand!), but I couldn’t resist getting them! For me, they are true to size. I am always a 36.5, and that’s exactly what I bought.

These are the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE shoes I have ever worn. The leather is incredibly hard so after wearing them for half an hour I start getting blisters. I have taken them multiple times to the shoe repair shop inside the shoe department at Bergdoff Goodman and they told me they tried everything they could. I took them to Leather Spa, a very high end shoe repair shop in NYC, yet the shoes are just incredibly painful to wear. Over a year later I am still unable to use them normally.
The heel is as hard as a rock and the shoes feel more like a torture device than anything else to me. My husband doesn’t want me to use them anymore and is telling me to buy another pair of shoes from someone else.
I talked to a shoe industry executive who formerly worked at Celine and he explained to me that sometimes the designer gets the upper hand as compared to the actual shoe makers and that’s how we end up we shoes that are so impossible to wear.
Needless to say this is my last pair of Celine shoes… they may look cute but if I can’t use them what’s the point?