What Are You Releasing Back Into The Wild?

I sold *a lot* of bags this year to finance several LV bags I wanted before that February increase (think it was February), like the Noe in damier azur, Petit Noe in monogram, Pochette Metis empreinte, etc., and also to finance my late entry to the SC Bag fandom obsession.

But I actually don't really fall out of love with bags I buy, whether it's LV, Coach, YSL, or contemporary bags like HOBO, etc. etc. (I just simply love bags. That's why I'm here with y'all.)

I released these LV bags (among other brands) this year after a lot of soul-searching:

Phenix in black epi
Haumea in galet
Graceful MM DE
Flower Tote in coquelicot
Pochette Metis reverse
SpeedyB 35 DE
Noe epi in piment
Petit Noe in indigo

Each one hurt in its own way :lol: (and if I were to win the lottery, I'd happily repurchase them all!).

There are three more LV bags I would love to have by fall -- I'm thinking I may have to cut even deeper in my stash. But the bags I am down to, my concern is that I would most likely break down and repurchase down the road, so it would be help out in the long run. The question is how to finance vacations and all the other stuff I want to finance in between, lol.

Maybe at the end of each year we should do a montage of all the bags we let go of that year. Kind of like the Oscars "in memoriam" segment...
Where did you sell your reverse Metis? Thinking of selling mine too.

I sold my Montaigne BB in black empreinte, a long ombre empreinte wallet, Pochette Felicie in black epi, SpeedyB 25 in DA, and a Vosges MM in papyrus empriente. I don't miss any of them. I am happy I sold a couple of bags to a friend and a consignment shop which bought them out, because that Vosges still hasn't sold. In my experience, there is a bigger loss in selling LV leather than there is canvas.

I sold my DE Eva clutch. We’ve had some great times but it doesn’t really fit my current lifestyle, literally. It’s too small for everyday use and my social life has not yet recovered from the pandemic, so occasions where I’d reach for it over other bags are few and far in between. We had a good run and I did sell it for more than I paid for it, so I’m happy.

3236CE16-70DC-4C2A-BA09-5390788FAB29.jpeg

In my experience, there is a bigger loss in selling LV leather than there is canvas.

100%! I don't love the look of the leather bags at all, but if I did, the loss in resale value would concern me.

I'm in the process of consigning my Speedy 20. I'm debating between LVLenka, TheRealReal, and a local consignment shop. Fashionphile lowballed me with a $1K buyout offer, the lowest offer I've received for it.

I haven't carried it in 3 weeks and haven't missed carrying it. It's actually been a bit of a relief as I'm no longer worried if I'm going to be a robbery target for carrying a $2K purse around for my every day use. (I know anyone can be a victim with any purse, but I figure a $2K+ purse has a higher chance of being targeted.) Just 3 days ago, a woman's wallet was stolen out of her Neverfull at our local Trader Joe's. She had it in her shopping cart and was looking in the freezer bins for only a few seconds, she said - wallet gone. Also sidenote - Trader Joe's doesn't have security cameras in their stores so I think that makes them an easier target, so be extra vigilant shopping there!

100%! I don't love the look of the leather bags at all, but if I did, the loss in resale value would concern me.

I'm in the process of consigning my Speedy 20. I'm debating between LVLenka, TheRealReal, and a local consignment shop. Fashionphile lowballed me with a $1K buyout offer, the lowest offer I've received for it.

I haven't carried it in 3 weeks and haven't missed carrying it. It's actually been a bit of a relief as I'm no longer worried if I'm going to be a robbery target for carrying a $2K purse around for my every day use. (I know anyone can be a victim with any purse, but I figure a $2K+ purse has a higher chance of being targeted.) Just 3 days ago, a woman's wallet was stolen out of her Neverfull at our local Trader Joe's. She had it in her shopping cart and was looking in the freezer bins for only a few seconds, she said - wallet gone. Also sidenote - Trader Joe's doesn't have security cameras in their stores so I think that makes them an easier target, so be extra vigilant shopping there!
It seems a lot of people are feeling like this now. Myself included. I suddenly feel more conscious of carrying anything too recognisable.
We can sell and replace our bags , but will our replacement give us the same joy?
If you don’t mind me asking, what will you replace your Speedy 20 with?

Reactions: Aliluvlv

What is the condition of your Speedy? My local consignment shop gave me $1,100 for my SpeedyB 25 which was 5 years old, and was in very good condition (showed some signs of wear). She sold it for $1,600. If it was in excellent or pristine condition I would have gotten more.

What is the condition of your Speedy? My local consignment shop gave me $1,100 for my SpeedyB 25 which was 5 years old, and was in very good condition (showed some signs of wear). She sold it for $1,600. If it was in excellent or pristine condition I would have gotten more.
2 years ago, I sold my Speedy B 25 Empriente through TRR. It sold for $2,000. They kept 30%.

Reactions: PrayersandPurses