What are some of your unpopular Chanel opinions?

To me a word “tacky” means a mix between cheesy and corny. However, I may not be totally right or accurate as English is not my primary language. Would love to hear what native English speakers think.

Poor taste. Inappropriate. To me, that includes context. Jeans and tee shirt at a family barbeque, fine. Jeans and tee shirt at a wedding that specified formal dress code, tacky.

Cheap or in poor taste

Thanks for responding! So with that being said do you think any of Chanel’s pieces qualify as tacky? I get that certain items may not be everyone’s cup of tea and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just find it hard to believe that they should be labeled tacky. It just seems to have become a buzzword on the forum and I’ve seen it multiple times. I definitely agree with @JenJBS ‘s definition.

Thanks for responding! So with that being said do you think any of Chanel’s pieces qualify as tacky? I get that certain items may not be everyone’s cup of tea and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just find it hard to believe that they should be labeled tacky. It just seems to have become a buzzword on the forum and I’ve seen it multiple times. I definitely agree with @JenJBS ‘s definition.

Oh, there are soo many new Chanel pieces that I find tacky. Recent trends makes me question whether the classic luxurious look is dead and the new acceptable style has everyone trying hard not to look well dressed & polished in in their plastic designer flip flops or worse, cotton dad sandals with a CC slapped on it so we know it’s Chanel. Sorry to anyone who’s a fan :flowers: I’m positive that the designers weren’t aiming for luxury with some of these styles in mind.

No offense to anyone, just my personal unpopular opinion: camellia embossing on handbags and leather goods looks tacky. If someone is wearing the above item to a wedding it is appropriate, but otherwise to me it looks tacky.

For me, just because Chanel has a reputation of “class” does not mean that everything they produce is classic. Also just because it is expensive, does not mean it is good. Everyone has their own preferences, which I think is absolutely wonderful. For for me, it’s things like Designer PVC bags or metallic colored leather. I think it’s tacky. For me, tacky means cheap looking.

Hahaha they won't engage in handbag/rtw e-commerce bc they "value" boutique experience/customer service. I guess they are also implying their makeup/skincare/sunglasses departments do not care about customer service haha! I was lucky to have always had good experience in chanel boutiques bc of my SA's. But let's be honest, we have read many stories of people receiving not so pleasant treatments. They do not (or maybe they no longer can) stand by their products; they offer poor post-sale service. But sure, they value customer service.....

My opinion of a tacky Chanel would be a design that is commonly seen elsewhere but chanel slap on a CC logo and sells it for 50x - 100x the price without the logo. One example would be this:
chanel sandals.jpg
Image retrieved via google.

Another design I find tacky is this. I don't know how or why would chanel want to put 2 large logos on the front of their bag. That ot me seems kinda strange and doesnt seem classy at all. Just a chanel bag screaming to be a chanel bag

8e945ca0a5f219e1790f1d5be612e418.jpg

Wanting them to sell bags online.

Not selling online pre-Covid was one thing. We are in a different world now... And since they now sell some stuff online they do engage in internet commerce (previously they said they did not engage in internet commerce) - so why not really do it and put everything online? In for a penny, in for a pound.

When I contacted them on their ‘live chat’ feature, they said it’s all about Customer Service, which is in the boutique. But for those of us a few hundred miles from the nearest boutique that isn’t helpful. And to me customer service is about serving/helping the customer – and that means helping online. Even if it was only ‘til the boutiques open again that would be a start.
This, 100%! :yes:

Reactions: JenJBS
When I see YouTube videos or photos of bag displays/closets/rooms and there are Chanel coffee table books or an art display of some sort that says Chanel/Prada/Louis Vuitton that was obviously purchased at TJ Maxx or Etsy. I do love Chanel boxes as display though! For some reason, anytime I see “luxury decor” of the brand names displayed that are clearly not from the boutique, I find it cheapens everything. Let the luxury bag shine on its own!

This will be a totally unpopular opinion. The 17B rose gold mini. I saw this bag sold for over 6k on preloved market (the bag was USED, not even brand new) I know... I know... My cousin owns this bag and while I’m agree it’s a beautiful bag, I don’t think I’d ever pay even that close for a mini
Yes!!! Honestly I don't understand the hype! I don't really think it's that nice :confused1: