What and how many bags you bought this year?!

I've had an interesting year, that's for sure! Work-wise it has been the toughest year so far, truly at times I worried I wasn't coping at all. I think I've pulled through the worst of it all now and we seem to be coming to a calmer time and more positive business environment - phew! In addition, I had some health problems earlier this year and my husband and I were struggling to conceive. Thankfully all is well and we now have our first baby on board :yahoo::love:

So while I was working my way through all of that nonsense, I wasn't really in the zone for luxury bag purchases, nor did I have any time, just trying to keep my head above water. Once things had started to settle a little and I felt like I could breathe again, I started to browse and enjoy things on IG and tPF once more and almost like they were waiting for me, three gorgeous items came my way:

- Chanel red caviar WOC SHW;
- Chanel black caviar long flap wallet;
- Hermes B30 in gold togo PHW

Those pieces really complete my collection (the B30 in particular, so beautiful and something I've had my eye on for several years) and was just a lovely way to come to the close of a quite tumultuous year :yes:

This has been a busy, busy year with lots of changes including lots of work travel and a big move across country.

Along the way, I treated myself a little bit. :giggle:

New Handbags:
• Dior Silver Microcannage Diorama
• Trussardi Red Mini Lovy
• Max Mara Black Whitney
• Fendi Black By The Way

New SLG's:
• Chanel Silver Lambskin Card Holder
• Dior Gold Cannage Diorama Card Holder

Preloved Handbags:
• Chanel Single Flap Jumbo in Gunmetal Grey w/ Bijoux Chain
Gucci Cherry Gloss Stirrup Top Handle
• Dior Black Lambskin Soft Tote
• Dior Yellow Lambskin Miss Dior
• Jimmy Choo Black Raven

But!!! I've also sold 10 bags. So, net, my collection is actually one bag smaller. :biggrin:

Six bags this year:
- Hermès Clemence Evelyne PM (black)
- Chanel jumbo classic flap (black caviar, GHW)
- Chanel python boy bag (blue, GHW)
- Chanel deauville (grey/black, SHW)
- Chanel medium classic flap (light green caviar, SHW)
- Hermès Epsom Constance 24 (bleu indigo, RGHW)

I think I’m probably done for this year, though I’ve been waiting on an Hermès Kelly special order for nearly a year now.. my husband says he has a feeling it’s going to come before 2017 is over... fingers crossed that he’s right [emoji2]

Six bags this year:
- Hermès Clemence Evelyne PM (black)
- Chanel jumbo classic flap (black caviar, GHW)
- Chanel python boy bag (blue, GHW)
- Chanel deauville (grey/black, SHW)
- Chanel medium classic flap (light green caviar, SHW)
- Hermès Epsom Constance 24 (bleu indigo, RGHW)

I think I’m probably done for this year, though I’ve been waiting on an Hermès Kelly special order for nearly a year now.. my husband says he has a feeling it’s going to come before 2017 is over... fingers crossed that he’s right [emoji2]
I'm excited for your Python boy. This is on on my radar. What size did you get?

This year’s been a dream come true! :heart::smile:

At Rue Cambon:
- Chanel leather Deauville
- Chanel Classic M/L Flap
- Chanel seasonal mini
- SLG

at Champs Élysées:
- LV SLG
- 2 Long Champ Eiffel tower print bags

At Harrods - 1 store brand bag
At Prada (Florence, Italy) - SLG
At Hermes FSH - accessories
At Hermes Toronto - 2 Evelyne tpm & accessories
At Toronto Chanel - 3 SLGs
At Toronto LV - 1 bag & accessories

Heaven! :biggrin::P:heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
Still keeping things sensible - I got the LC LP custom size 4 which I planned for a long time on getting and have LOVED it! Also, on the useful-and-planned-purchase front; I bought a Pacsafe backpack in the summer. It's proven to be a great purchase and I'm really happy I went for it.

I was a bit naughty and splurged on a Mulberry Alexa plus I fell for a Superdry canvas tote recently. Both were somewhat (totally) unplanned purchases..OOPS!
I'm getting rid of all my other canvas totes and keeping only my trusty 15-yr old Peak Performance (which is almost solely used as a summer picnic bag) and the SD. SD is also chic enough to carry to work and even meetings so it's a multitasker, much more than just a beach bag.
The Alexa was a great deal - pristine, 1/2 the price of a new one and I've used it a ton. One of my best bag investments ever. One of my best bags ever, period.

As for SLG's; I did get a RM and a Lauren Ralph Lauren WOC this autumn. They were acquired with a specific occasion in mind. Still haven't used the RM but the RLL has gotten some use outside the special occasion as well. It's a nice bag for evening outings and I carried it today, too, as we went to the Christmas market with the kids and a WOC fits under my jacket; so much less fuss about not getting my bag dirty or stolen.
Thinking about selling the RM or getting rid of my other continental style wallets and keeping the RM instead. The RLL has struck me as a great choice for travel since it's large enough to hold my passport. Might give it a go next month when we're taking a short trip to Stockholm avec le BF.

My wish list still contains the LC LPC Mini, which has been hanging there for years now. I gave le BF a hint in that direction when he was asking me what I wanted from Santa this year, but we'll see. I also mentioned an Efva Attling Crazy Heart bracelet, he gave me matching earrings and necklace last Christmas and bday so I'm thinking the bag purchase will be left for me to do.

Reactions: papertiger
This year’s been a dream come true! :heart::smile:

At Rue Cambon:
- Chanel leather Deauville
- Chanel Classic M/L Flap
- Chanel seasonal mini
- SLG

at Champs Élysées:
- LV SLG
- 2 Long Champ Eiffel tower print bags

At Harrods - 1 store brand bag
At Prada (Florence, Italy) - SLG
At Hermes FSH - accessories
At Hermes Toronto - 2 Evelyne tpm & accessories
At Toronto Chanel - 3 SLGs
At Toronto LV - 1 bag & accessories

Heaven! :biggrin::P:heart::heart::heart:
YAY!! You and I shopped at the some of the same places this year. Shopping Twinsies! Congrats on your hauls!

(I hope you visited LV on the Champs Élysées at a better time than me. LOL!!! It was a zoo when I went. :shocked:)

Reactions: luvlux64
YAY!! You and I shopped at the some of the same places this year. Shopping Twinsies! Congrats on your hauls!

(I hope you visited LV on the Champs Élysées at a better time than me. LOL!!! It was a zoo when I went. :shocked:)
:happydance:Shopping Twinsies! I like that :P. Traveling & Shopping is (for me) the best combo! :heart::heart::heart:
BTW, I think LV Champs Élysées is always crazy busy :lol:... the glasses of wine they serve gives you patience while waiting :biggrin:

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Three, and none of them prime designer, just exactly what I needed yet:

-MK Bedford top zip tote in moss green (85 euro at an outlet);
-Travelon anti-theft north-south crossbody (as a crossbody travel handbag) (80 euro with p&p);
-Travelon anti-theft LTD tote (as a laptop + on-board travel and work tote) (110 euro with p&p).

Not counting an Epi red LV pochette accessoires, as that one was a gift, he he...

Reactions: papertiger
I've acquired a dozen Massaccesi handbags, half new and half preloved. And three small crossbody bags and one WOC. So a bit of a Massaccesi themed year!

Fendi mia shopper in March.

A Laurel Dasso expandable luxe tote in black cherry and another small crossbody flap bag from Etsy from a seller in Belgium named Cathy Roels.

One mz Wallace is arriving tomorrow, a Christmas special. And a jujube diaper bag for the beach next summer!

I've sold or given away about 5. Still, my total number has gone up by about a dozen in 2017, to around 30. I think that's gonna do me for awhile and only very few special bag purchases in 2018.
1-2 from Cathy Roels, 1 mz Wallace IF a perfect color/style is available at the summer sale, and 1-2 Massaccesis IF new some new amazing style, leather, or irresistible preloved becomes available. So 3-5 total in 2018 is my target to keep it a lot more restrained than this year. And at least 2 out to compensate so the total goes up very little.

I bought 6 bags this year:

Preloved:
- Hermes Kelly 35 in Indigo Box leather with Rouge Vif interior, PHW
- Chanel Reissue 227 Black with GHW

New:
- Custom Longchamp le Pliage large long handle tote in black with peacock stripe and silver HW
- Longchamp small Mademoiselle in Cognac
- Longchamp small le Pliage Cuir in Red Lacquer
- Bottega Veneta Chain Tote in Black.

I also sold three bags and gave a fourth to my sister.