What about RM for Target?

Nov 23, 2008
Hey ladies, so we've seen names like Botkier, Gryson, Hayden Harnett all do lines for Target. How would you feel about Rebecca Minkoff for target? Would you like to see RM do a line for Target? Would you buy it? Or do would you rather not see RM anywhere near Target?

I hated the HH stuff, all vinyl-y and cheapy feeling :sad: If they made the bags canvas, that'd be nice. I'd love a cute canvas Target-ified MAM or MAC. I just hate PVC stuff.

I actually think the whole target for HH cheapens the brand. From what I notice, after this whole HH for target came out, HH had A LOT of SALES.. since no one is willing to pay full price for their bag any more!

Have you seen these Target bags? Makes you want to cry. The Gryson bags looked like cheap plastic pieces of crap and were on sale for 11.99 because they couldn't get rid of them. The Botkiers were worse. This is a bad bad bad move for any designer IMO. Better move is to make your bags reasonably priced so everyone can participate.
I don't mean to be offensive but with RM having so many quality issues on the actual bags I don't think they should spend time, money, or effort on making a even cheaper product. First get your high priced bags in Tip Top shape.

yeah i bought a gryson one on sale for like $29? and used it for school and it fell apart in like a 3 weeks or less? havent bought one since.. botkiers were hideous but i thought HH had a couple cute ones and anya hindmarch had a couple cute ones too.. i just didnt want to buy anymore after my horrible experience with the gryson bag. but i did snatch that $8 clutch a few days ago

Have you seen these Target bags? Makes you want to cry. The Gryson bags looked like cheap plastic pieces of crap and were on sale for 11.99 because they couldn't get rid of them. The Botkiers were worse. This is a bad bad bad move for any designer IMO. Better move is to make your bags reasonably priced so everyone can participate.
I don't mean to be offensive but with RM having so many quality issues on the actual bags I don't think they should spend time, money, or effort on making a even cheaper product. First get your high priced bags in Tip Top shape.

I was JUST pondering this very thing the other night!

As for my answer.... gosh that's a toughie. I can see both points of view.

On one hand, I don't think it's the best idea b/c [so far] I've yet to come close to actually buying one of the bags that part of any designers' Target line. So I think to myself, what does that say?

On the other hand, I do think it goes give the designer exposure to many people who have probably never even heard of the brand prior. It also enables individuals who cannot afford a designer bag the chance to own one for less, which I think is great. Being a poor college student I can really relate to that, and empathize.

So I guess overall, I wouldn't mind if RM did a line for Target. The way I see it, is if I'm not a fan of the pieces (which would most likely be the case b/c tPF has made me so leather obsessed that I rarely like a pvc bag) then I simply do not have to buy them. Plain and simple. The fact a line was done wouldn't change my opinion RM. As long as she keeps making beautiful leather designs I'm golden.

I hated the HH stuff, all vinyl-y and cheapy feeling :sad: If they made the bags canvas, that'd be nice. I'd love a cute canvas Target-ified MAM or MAC. I just hate PVC stuff.

Yup! Me too!

I wouldn't mind a big canvas RM for Target bag, with an adorable print or something, like a tote. I'd use it for class. A cute canvas MAB would be kinda cool. It could either be adorable if done right, or come out completely hideous.

^ ITA Raquelle! im a poor college student too. my opinion of RM wouldnt change. and i def would stick to buying her lush leathers! but Target has def grew on me more and more since ive been in school and offers good alternatives for my not so deep pockets!