Western Rivets Whiplash Saddle Bag...

Goofydes

O.G.
May 18, 2010
...plus other goodies I got myself for Christmas! First off I must say Coach and I did not get along that well this year. I had to return most of my stuff due to straps breaking or awful smells. Boy howdy though, this Christmas made up for all of that!! The first item I got myself was the Western Rivets Whiplash Saddle Bag and let me tell you...W...O...W. I never even considered this bag until I saw it online. The online photos don't do it justice though!! Bloomingdales had this bag on sale for 30% and even at that it was a little too much for me. The Wednesday before Christmas they sent me an email saying that their sale was an extra 30% off. I thought that there was no way they would further discount a 1941 collection bag, but they did. I had been hoarding some Loyalist credits (that ironically were expiring that day) and they were offering free Express shipping so it would be delivered by Christmas. I took a gamble and went ahead and got it. It was scheduled to be delivered Friday the 23rd, which was awesome because I had that day off of work. It got to the stop before my hub and stopped. Nothing unusual though because it will suddenly be out for delivery. At 1pm though it changed to "Delayed" with a delivery date of the 27th. Boo. No sooner than that happened I got an email from Bloomingdales apologizing that my item would not arrive in time for Christmas and took another 15% off bringing the price I had to pay out of pocket to $287!!! UPS made up for it too and delivered it the next day (on Saturday). I am blown away by this bag and have been using it for over a week with no issues. It is the absolute perfect size for me, the leather is soooo soft and the rivet and whiplash detailing is to die for. I also never had a Coach bag that was made in Turkey! My first thought was a pirate bag, my mother-in-law said Hogwarts and my mom said gypsy. In addition to my awesome new bag I took advantage of the Mickey collection on sale on both Zappos and Coach. I got the black Mickey sketch tag from Zappos and the red turnlock wallet and the flax envelope key pouch for 50% on Coach. The wallet is seriously one of the best wallets I have ever owned.IMG_0992.JPG IMG_0991.JPG

Nice haul! I just brought that same key pouch from Coach (right before it said soldout :biggrin:). I would luv to know how your key pouch has been working for you as I will be using mine soon as well.

I use the key pouch for when I only need my ID, debit card, and maybe some cash. I wanted this one because of the separate sections for everything. There is the little slip pocket in the front that fits my ID and debit card perfectly, paper money or whatever else goes in the main compartment, and coins go in the zip pocket. I was previously using a Vera Bradley ID case, but it seemed like when I took out one thing 3 other things fell out with it. I put it in the saddle bag under my bike seat when I go riding and it goes in my Osprey Raptor 15 hydration pack when I do weekly hikes. I found it indispensable at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I had it in my backpack and I loved the fact that I could pay for something (who am I kidding, I bought everything there, lol) and put it on my wrist, then wait until I was out of the crowd to put it back in my bag.