Went to buy my first LV and left totally bummed....

Lol, Don't give into that Speedy should be the first LV bag ideal. Till this day I don't even have a Speedy. I only want a Multicolore one but that's a another story. Good luck with the Belem, but later on, as you buy more and more LV bags you'll migrate away from the Monogram and the Damier. I know I have =)

Oh Virgo! I'm sorry you weren't able to walk out with the Belem. It's a gorgeous bag, especially in the damier, and one that is worth saving for. I think in your situation it's better to wait and invest in a bag that you love and will enjoy, than to get a bag that is a little less but not what you want.

Definitely save up for the Belem! It'll be so much more special once you actually get it. =D You shouldn't have to settle for anything less than what you really want!

If you have your heart set on the Belem, then don't feel down and out. Things happen for a reason, and it wasn't ment for you to get it on that day. Save up for it, and get it along with a wallet of accessory next time! You'll be ok.

hey ya!
i'm really sorry you walked out with nothing... but it sounds like that you've got your heart set on the Speedy at the moment... i totally think you should get that!!! AND continue saving for the other LV piece you love!!!!!! Even though the Belem might be a popular bag - its your style so you should wear and love what you have!!!
good luck!!! i hope you get your first LV piece soon!!!!

Virgo said:
No I looked at several other bags - like the Baginolles Vertical, Speedy 25, Baggy PM, Priscilla and some others I didn't try on. I may change my mind again, sure, that's a possiblity of course, but I hadn't totally committed to the Speedy 30 in the first place. I do like the speedy and everyone says "it should be everyone's first LV" but the belem felt special to me. I didn't get that feeling with the speedy. It seemed like a great bag and very useful, but didn't get me that "it" bag feel.

Only one of my friends went and she did think the Belem suited me better and she knows my style so - As for the SA and other customers, most said the Belem suited me better but I took that as more of confirmation for how I felt. I welcome opinions but ultimately make up my own mind.

Again, I do like the Speedy a lot, it just doesn't feel like love :sad2:

Your first LV purse MUST and SHOULD really "feel like love" (I smile as I write this because that's really sweet). I'm sad that you walked away without the purse that you liked but don't settle for less. Otherwise, you'll have to save up all over again to buy the purse that you really want.

Virgo said:
No I looked at several other bags - like the Baginolles Vertical, Speedy 25, Baggy PM, Priscilla and some others I didn't try on. I may change my mind again, sure, that's a possiblity of course, but I hadn't totally committed to the Speedy 30 in the first place. I do like the speedy and everyone says "it should be everyone's first LV" but the belem felt special to me. I didn't get that feeling with the speedy. It seemed like a great bag and very useful, but didn't get me that "it" bag feel.

Only one of my friends went and she did think the Belem suited me better and she knows my style so - As for the SA and other customers, most said the Belem suited me better but I took that as more of confirmation for how I felt. I welcome opinions but ultimately make up my own mind.

Again, I do like the Speedy a lot, it just doesn't feel like love :sad2:

That says it all-belem all the way. You won't regret it!

I have the Belem PM and it is a lovely bag. Just keep in mind that the Speedy 30 can hold way more (I have one of these too). I find that the Belem is great for going out as it looks so elegant and unusual but it can only hold my basics. The Speedy 30 is huge and I can get tons in there - so it is great for day-to-day and shopping trips. Think about the purpose of the bag and how often you want to carry it. This may not be the only bag you buy from LV!