Well, I finally did it!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone!

A while back, I posted a help notice for a husband who wanted to buy his purse-loving wife a Birkin bag. I received numerous responses pointing me in the right direction, with regard to size, color, leather, etc. I think I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about Birkin bags! The other day, I made a blind purchase over the phone from the Hermes boutique. It is a 35 cm Gris Tourterelle Birkin in Togo with palladium hardware. I think I even have the proper lingo, don't I? Anyhow, I thought it would be a safe enough choice apart from her usual black and brown purse collection.

It was for no occasion in particular, but just so happens that it's Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year (year of the tiger, her birth symbol). How about that for serendipity? As I am not a rich person, I feel I will be in trouble for the extravagant purchase, but hopefully not for long. I may never have the opportunity to post here again, but it's been a pleasure to meet you ladies. Perhaps my wife will continue on! Thank you again.

2. Congratulations! I'm sure she'll love it!!

3. Congrats! So happy for you! I hope that you post a pic here so that we can all see how beautiful it is! Happy New Year!

4. I hope she will return to post pics for us. :nuts: Your wife is one very lucky woman!!

5. How generous and thoughtful -- I'm sure she'll love it!

6. What a sweetheart you are..........I'm sure she'll love it!

7. That's so sweet of you, I'm sure your wife will love it!
    And off course I hope to see pictures of the new bag, we love reveals here ;).

8. What a thoughtful gesture - I am sure she will treasure the bag - I know I would ;)

9. OMG - what a lucky lady!
    Happy Chinese New Year to you too - I'm sure wifey will absolutely love the purchase you made - and you didn't even need to go on the wait list. I'm soooo jealous!

10. :tup:

11. It's a great color!

12. I think you made a stellar choice, oinkster. Gris T. is beautiful, and I'd love to see the look on her face when she opens the box. That will be priceless, I'm sure. Congratulations

13. Great choice, oinkster - I'm sure your wife will love it - and YOU!:smooch:

14. You are such a sweet husband. Congrats to you and your wife! :yahoo:

15. :biggrin:Nice... I'm tempted to give you my DH's email so you can drop a word on "how to" to him