Well, I finally did it!!!

oinkster

Jan 22, 2010
Hello everyone!

A while back, I posted a help notice for a husband who wanted to buy his purse-loving wife a Birkin bag. I received numerous responses pointing me in the right direction, with regard to size, color, leather, etc. I think I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about Birkin bags! The other day, I made a blind purchase over the phone from the Hermes boutique. It is a 35 cm Gris Tourterelle Birkin in Togo with palladium hardware. I think I even have the proper lingo, don't I? Anyhow, I thought it would be a safe enough choice apart from her usual black and brown purse collection.

It was for no occasion in particular, but just so happens that it's Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year (year of the tiger, her birth symbol). How about that for serendipity? As I am not a rich person, I feel I will be in trouble for the extravagant purchase, but hopefully not for long. I may never have the opportunity to post here again, but it's been a pleasure to meet you ladies. Perhaps my wife will continue on! Thank you again.

Congrats! So happy for you! I hope that you post a pic here so that we can all see how beautiful it is! Happy New Year!

OMG - what a lucky lady!
Happy Chinese New Year to you too - I'm sure wifey will absolutely love the purchase you made - and you didn't even need to go on the wait list. I'm soooo jealous!