Well DH went to bed with a smile on his face last night....

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
No, not that :nuts:. I've been "banned" from LV. Not a self imposed ban, an actual ban from LV, not sure if it is LV.com or all LV. According to the customer service rep this is "a good thing" and means I've been a good customer and reached the limit for the year. According to her I will be able to purchase again in 2011. The only thing is I only have one bag!!!!!!!! One bag total!!!!!!

I bought my first LV about a month ago, a mono SC, but it wasn't right for me so I brought my bag (purchased online) and returned it to the SF store hoping to find the Palermo GM. The Palermo GM was not in stock, but it later came up online so I ordered it, along with a small planner and a josephine wallet. The Josephine wallet chipped day 2 carrying it, so I brought it to the boutique and exchanged it, and chose a Amarante Vernis French Purse instead since I was concerned about the quality of the Josephine after the chipping.

I then ordered the Alma MM in Pomme, and while gorgeous the size was too big for me so it went back to the store. I tried on the smaller Alma and the Brea MM but they didn't have my choice of size and color combinations at the store, so when I went home I tried to order them online as they were available. I also ordered 2 scarves, a bag charm, and a pair of earrings. I was psyched after being new to LV that I found the right bags for me, I love my Palermo, my planner, and my wallet, and after trying the colors and sizes I love the Brea MM and the Alma I ordered. But, I never got a confirmation and then I get an e-mail that my order could not be processed, so I called customer service and I have reached my bag limit. I guess my two returns did not show up to them, so I've purchased 3 bags, a wallet, and a planner. But 2 bags were returned! I thought I might be on the bad side due to the returns (although both went back the next morning after delivery and I didn't even allow myself to even try them on more than a second!

So it's just me and my Palermo left wanting my electric brea mm and alma....

Dh thinks it is the funniest thing, and was saying "who can I thank...", actually he did help cheer me up by being funny, but I want my bags and I want them now :graucho:.

Maybe it's limit on how much you can return. I can't believe they would limit someone to how much they could purchase. Doesn't seem like a good business practice.

Don't worry.LV.com bans you from buying online but that doesn't apply to the stores.If you call customer service, they would say you are banned both online and in stores as you reached the limit.But the stores told me otherwise.I totally have 6 LV purchased within 2 months time.Try it in store and you will be fine.

I still cannot wrap my head around a retail store - online or otherwise - putting a limit on how much you can purchase during a calendar year. But, they [LV] may look at the exchanges as returns even though there wasn't any money given back to the customer. This is why I have to be 100% sure of the bag before I purchase it. I feel that LV isn't something that is purchased on a whim. With their hefty price tags, I believe it deserves a lot of thought and pre-planning on my part before I hand over the $$$!!! :biggrin:

I still cannot wrap my head around a retail store - online or otherwise - putting a limit on how much you can purchase during a calendar year. But, they [LV] may look at the exchanges as returns even though there wasn't any money given back to the customer. This is why I have to be 100% sure of the bag before I purchase it. I feel that LV isn't something that is purchased on a whim. With their hefty price tags, I believe it deserves a lot of thought and pre-planning on my part before I hand over the $$$!!! :biggrin:

I think it is like this because of the shortage currently going on

Well that's just silly. What if I was Beyoncé and I was buying Xmas presents for everyone?
:roflmfao: !!!!

Ok most likely the ban is just an online thing! You can certainly purchase at the store and then you can request the Store manager to fix your profile so it shows the returned bags as actual returns. This profile edit may take about 2 months to show thru, but i guess by then it's 2011 soooo no biggie

Surely they can't track purchases from store to store...so you could always buy at one store or another depending on where you live/travel to.

A limit seems crazy to me for a company policy. Is it an LV thing? I've seem some reveals on the Chanel and Hermes threads that will make your head spin!

And if you bought pre-lvoed your dh could stress even more! :P

They didn't even know about my returns! The funny thing is that I never return ANYTHING. Not even things I should return, so I thought it was going to be about the returns as well. Returning the two bags felt so strange, but I wanted to just exchange but couldn't because of the stock problem! I can't believe it either, I mean shouldn't they be encouraging my little problem? What if I recover after being cut off and they lose me? ;).

They didn't even know about my returns! The funny thing is that I never return ANYTHING. Not even things I should return, so I thought it was going to be about the returns as well. Returning the two bags felt so strange, but I wanted to just exchange but couldn't because of the stock problem! I can't believe it either, I mean shouldn't they be encouraging my little problem? What if I recover after being cut off and they lose me? ;).

ohh girl its only another 2 weeks and 2 days, you arent going to recover :graucho::graucho:

ya, i know there's a limit to returns or you might get blacklisted...which is why i obsess over the bags for a while before taking the plunge to ownership, that way...no regrets..

i doubt there's a limit on things you can buy, i got 2 bags and a wallet this yr and so far they haven't said anything about me wanting an empriente artsy lol

This is definitely a limit on the number of bags, they have me as ZERO returns because I didn't return it to them, but to the store. It isn't just on bags I was told, but all items so I had more than 5 in a month!