Weights of different leathers

Does anyone know how both the barenia & the newer barenia faouburg compare in weight to togo in B30? Is there a difference in weight between the regular barenia & the newer faouburg barenia? thx so much
This thread is amazing! Thank you to all who've contributed :smile: Bumping to the above question via @Sharifshopping (though I'd like to know where newer barenia and barenia foubourg weight in for B35s) and would also love to know where Ardennes fits in for the B35 :smile:

Reactions: Sharifshopping
This thread is amazing! Thank you to all who've contributed :smile: Bumping to the above question via @Sharifshopping (though I'd like to know where newer barenia and barenia foubourg weight in for B35s) and would also love to know where Ardennes fits in for the B35 :smile:

I can't help with Barenia Faubourg as I don't know it. My Barenia Birkin is about 15 years old and my heaviest Birkin. Ardennes is lighter weight than both Togo and Clemence, more structured and keeps it's shape more. Much nicer than Epsom which I don't like at all. I had an Ardennes Birkin which was a workhorse, but I sold it because I prefer softer leathers.

Reactions: Sharifshopping
My post in the thread was deleted twice.
Because some members felt that the bag doesn't look quite right.
I just want to show the WEIGHT. Not SHOW the BAG.
Maybe the pics didn't show the obvious veins of Fjord leather.
But I bought it from hermes store 12 years ago in 2010 for new.
I still keep the original proof of purchase. Please stop questioning if it is a fake bag. It is not the information i want to share here.
The veins in this bag is light. Obvious veins is in the other side of the bag. (I think it is VERY good to me or some others)

I am new to this forum. I come here just wonder why this dream bag for most women BUT my wife dislike it.
In the time i bought it (2010). B35 was a perfect (most popular) size. Black with GHW was a perfect (classic) color till today. Fjord was a perfect leather than togo, epsom or others. (Strong but soft, Good shape, Water resistant...Especially my bag was light veined IMO)
Everything looks so good for a perfect birkin bag. But my wife said it is TOO HEAVY. My wife only took it out twice for 12 years. So it was not her dream bag.(As a diaper bag or others)
I JUST want to show the weights and point out the cons of a big birkin
So maybe next time I should buy a B25 or B30 for her. (Someone said B30 is still heavy for petite ladies. Let me think...)

My wife's B35 in Fjord(M stamp 2009) weights 1.268kg(NET) and with lock and keys is 1.312kg.
This bag was bought for my wife original as a diaper bag (Thanks My Wife gave me my first baby). Now the boy is a teenager.

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_3559.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

35760_128536090519587_755050_n.jpg

35760_128536097186253_1515006_n.jpg

35760_128536093852920_5287615_n.jpg

Last edited:
My post in the thread was deleted twice.
Because some members felt that the bag doesn't look quite right.
I just want to show the WEIGHT. Not SHOW the BAG.
Maybe the pics didn't show the obvious veins of Fjord leather.
But I bought it from hermes store 12 years ago in 2010 for new.
I still keep the original proof of purchase. Please stop questioning if it is a fake bag. It is not the information i want to share here.
The veins in this bag is light. Obvious veins is in the other side of the bag. (I think it is VERY good to me or some others)

I am new to this forum. I come here just wonder why this dream bag for most women BUT my wife dislike it.
In the time i bought it (2010). B35 was a perfect (most popular) size. Black with GHW was a perfect (classic) color till today. Fjord was a perfect leather than togo, epsom or others. (Strong but soft, Good shape, Water resistant...Especially my bag was light veined IMO)
Everything look so perfect. But my wife said it is TOO HEAVY. My wife only took it out twice for 12 years. So it was not her dream bag.(As a diaper bag or others)
So maybe next time I should buy a B25 or B30 for her. (Someone said B30 is still heavy. Let me think...)

My wife's B35 in Fjord(M stamp 2009) weights 1.268kg(NET) and with lock and keys is 1.312kg.
This bag was bought for my wife original as a diaper bag (Thanks My Wife gave me my first baby). Now the boy is a teenager.

View attachment 5622266

View attachment 5622267

View attachment 5622268

View attachment 5622269

View attachment 5622273

View attachment 5622274

View attachment 5622275
Thanks for sharing the weight of your lovely (or your wife's lovely) Fjord B35. I found this thread incredibly helpful as a resource and am happy for everyone who pitches in with their knowledge. I think it is a very generous and thoughtful gift and my favorite part is the photo of your little one playing with the big B! ;).
In case you are planning your next bag, you might want to look into leathers like swift, chèvre, epsom or box which are said to be lighter than say fjord and clemence.

Thanks for sharing the weight of your lovely (or your wife's lovely) Fjord B35. I found this thread incredibly helpful as a resource and am happy for everyone who pitches in with their knowledge. I think it is a very generous and thoughtful gift and my favorite part is the photo of your little one playing with the big B! ;).
In case you are planning your next bag, you might want to look into leathers like swift, chèvre, epsom or box which are said to be lighter than say fjord and clemence.
Thanks for your kindly reply. I got lots of leather knowledge from this forum.
Yes, i might look for some small birking (or kellys) in box or chevre leather.
But it seems that box birkin is becoming rarer, and chevre is only seen in the custom market by now.