Wearing Shoes Intended for Men

whatscute

Dealin' and Stealin'
Jul 19, 2011
Has anyone bought shoes intended for guys, but felt like they'd look good on you?

I spotted these men's Frye mocs online and I thought they might look okay.

I'm curious to hear other people's opinions though. I'm not sure if they are great looking on me, but they are crazy comfortable!

1115jqs.jpg

nb2c7c.jpg

I don't see what the big deal is with the whole gender designed thing. Almost all of my boyfriends shoes are women's, I don't have any guy's shoes but if I found something I liked I'd have no problem buying it.

Just wear what you like!

Reactions: papertiger
If you like the shoes then I don't see any issue. Men's shoes are sized differently, of course, and they are generally wider than women's shoes. Sometimes women with wide feet will buy men's athletic shoes or running shoes for working out. They look like moccasins, but they don't look gender-specific.

I agree, they are cute so who cares.

I've totally done this myself. A while ago I needed a pair of plain black leather oxfords with low heels (it was back when I was job interviewing so I really wanted to be polished but understated). I got frustrated with the the fact all women's oxfords I could find had heels or embellishments and I didn't have time to keep looking. I went to the Cole Haan store and there were a million versions of what I was looking for in Men's so I decided who cares. A shoe like that why bother trying to find something made for women. I still wear them all the time too and the only way anyone would be able tell is if they looked at the size inside, same with these ones.

I wore a pair of men’s dress shoes and they were the most comfortable shoe imaginable. I was in a George Sand phase so I was doing all men stuff. On a side note, it is so not fair how much better the men’s clothes and shoes are made!
If you like them, get them. As it was mentioned above, they do not look gender specific.

I've purchased men's shoes before. You just have to figure out the right size. It seems like they make men's shoes more comfy than women's. I guess guys aren't as likely to suffer for fashion.

I think those mocs look cool on you!

I've always bought men's shoes when I see something I like going back forever to the original Stan Smith's when I was in school. I pretty much only buy men's cowboy boots and mocs/drivers. Last year I bought a pair of men's Gucci hi tops. I usually only do it on shoes I wear with sox but I pretty much think all fashion could be unisex and i crack up from one of my best friends who's in his 30s and male model gorgeous and does drag for parties. He can rock a pair of stiletto Loubies in a 41 like no one!

I've always bought men's shoes when I see something I like going back forever to the original Stan Smith's when I was in school. I pretty much only buy men's cowboy boots and mocs/drivers. Last year I bought a pair of men's Gucci hi tops. I usually only do it on shoes I wear with sox but I pretty much think all fashion could be unisex and i crack up from one of my best friends who's in his 30s and male model gorgeous and does drag for parties. He can rock a pair of stiletto Loubies in a 41 like no one!

Forgot to add-YES those mocs look fine on you!

I would buy men's shoes in a heartbeat if I didn't have a size 6.5 foot!

I've been hunting for the perfect simple, classic black oxford for a long time, and the women's versions are always so unnecessarily embellished in some way. I hate it. I don't need cutouts or foam platforms or weird sole accent materials.