we have heard stories of rude SA s how bout rude clients?

something kind of amusing and offensive happened this week when i went to the H boutique go get my agenda and the bracelets. if you saw my reveal thread you can see misto was with me and sitting on one of the display cases with my Birkin.

At one point Misto perched her feet up on the edge of the Birkin to look inside for yumyums (since I always have a little bag of treats with me to keep her glucose levels up). A woman who was kind of lurking around me ran up, grabbed my bag and screamed at me, "How dare you let your dog near this Birkin! I am going to buy it!" and other choice words I won't repeat. Another SA approached (mine was in the back getting the agenda), grabbed my Birkin back and said, "how she chooses to use her own Birkin she purchased is her business, not yours". And the lady went on a rampage demanding to be brought out one just like it... :wtf:

Poor little Misto! I kind of wished I was there for this -- what a circus! People are crazy for sure.

something kind of amusing and offensive happened this week when i went to the H boutique go get my agenda and the bracelets. if you saw my reveal thread you can see misto was with me and sitting on one of the display cases with my Birkin.

At one point Misto perched her feet up on the edge of the Birkin to look inside for yumyums (since I always have a little bag of treats with me to keep her glucose levels up). A woman who was kind of lurking around me ran up, grabbed my bag and screamed at me, "How dare you let your dog near this Birkin! I am going to buy it!" and other choice words I won't repeat. Another SA approached (mine was in the back getting the agenda), grabbed my Birkin back and said, "how she chooses to use her own Birkin she purchased is her business, not yours". And the lady went on a rampage demanding to be brought out one just like it... :wtf:
Hahaha...see the people are psycho arent they!!!??!!! Good thing the SA had quick reflexes. I am sure you were caught off guard!!!!

Those darn dogs in Hermes. I reached down to pet someone's dog that was patiently waiting for his owner as my Birkin was on the counter. I was right there, not two inches from my bag! When I stood up, a woman was pulling my Birkin toward her and when I looked at her, she asked how I got it. I smiled at my sa who was a few feet away and she blurted out, why does she get this and I don't. My sweet sa explained to the woman that I had walked into the store with it, but the husband had to get involved to explain to the woman, his wife, that she wasn't understanding. My husband was standing back, smiling and later told me how he loved watching my face as I feigned sincerity. Augh! He said he didn't intervene since no one was getting away with my bag, and it was sheer comedy. Moral of story: don't pet the dog! :giggles:

people are so rude and it's so offensive. I see people carrying their dogs in their actual purses and its no on elses business. wow

it is interesting though; the minute you put a dog in your bag it is as though there is no longer a personal bubble and it is completely acceptable for strangers to grab at your dog and bag... :confused1:

Poor little Misto! I kind of wished I was there for this -- what a circus! People are crazy for sure.

lol! i don't think she knew she was being yelled at. she is an extension of me, so i stood up for her :P

Hahaha...see the people are psycho arent they!!!??!!! Good thing the SA had quick reflexes. I am sure you were caught off guard!!!!

yes i was! the crazy behaviors and comments people think are acceptable baffles me.

Those darn dogs in Hermes. I reached down to pet someone's dog that was patiently waiting for his owner as my Birkin was on the counter. I was right there, not two inches from my bag! When I stood up, a woman was pulling my Birkin toward her and when I looked at her, she asked how I got it. I smiled at my sa who was a few feet away and she blurted out, why does she get this and I don't. My sweet sa explained to the woman that I had walked into the store with it, but the husband had to get involved to explain to the woman, his wife, that she wasn't understanding. My husband was standing back, smiling and later told me how he loved watching my face as I feigned sincerity. Augh! He said he didn't intervene since no one was getting away with my bag, and it was sheer comedy. Moral of story: don't pet the dog! :giggles:

lol! well i like the fact they allow my dog to come in with me. they all loved her. now, i would never let her near any of the items for sale, or anyone else's bag for that matter. but she is allowed to do whatever she wants with mine! she is very respectful of my belongings; i got lucky that she never was interested in chewing my shoes or bags.

it is interesting though; the minute you put a dog in your bag it is as though there is no longer a personal bubble and it is completely acceptable for strangers to grab at your dog and bag... :confused1:

lol! i don't think she knew she was being yelled at. she is an extension of me, so i stood up for her :P

yes i was! the crazy behaviors and comments people think are acceptable baffles me.

lol! well i like the fact they allow my dog to come in with me. they all loved her. now, i would never let her near any of the items for sale, or anyone else's bag for that matter. but she is allowed to do whatever she wants with mine! she is very respectful of my belongings; i got lucky that she never was interested in chewing my shoes or bags.

BRAVO! to you LamborghiniGirl! Do you think we need a separate thread for dog lovers and their Hermes?? I live in Paris so it is normal for my two dogs to come with me shopping to Hermes, Chanel, Cartier, etc---just not to food stores. I have a photo of my Sona staring at my new Massai Cut in total boredom but she does love her new collar!

Again, I say there are more rude customers than sales associates and maybe even some of the potential customers are a bit crazy with their grabbing and whining why does she have one and not me? In Paris we can take our dogs into some of the finest restaurants also and this should make you laugh too. Just before Christmas, myself and two friends, each with our well groomed and well trained dogs went into the Hotel Meurice for cocktails and were happily seated at the bar area with each of us being given a low stool for our Hermes handbags and a silver plate water bowl for each of our dogs (mine do share). My one friend insists that her toy dog sit on the seat next to her on a 'special' Hermes scarf which she carries for this purpose and he does. While my other friend's dog knocks over her Birkin looking for the treats and the three of us chatting away about painting flats, holiday plans, etc. I do not even notice that my smallest one has jumped up on the handbag stool and encircled my Birkin with her body as if she was assigned protection duty!

At this point some strange woman comes up to our table and actually screams at us "How can we let our dogs near such expensive handbags when so many people are waiting for them?" We were speechless too especially because we were not in any Hermes store and have been in the same bar with our dogs and handbags countless times. As your SA came to your rescue, the Captain came to our rescue, firmly taking the woman by her arm and moving away from us toward the larger coffee area. When he came back without her to our table he apologized for something that clearly was not his fault nor responsibility! And then he wave his arm over our table and purse stools and dogs and chuckled, that we looked like advertisement for Hermes and he would not tell anyone that each of our dogs were actually more costly than our handbags and definitely better behaved than many of his drinking customers!

So the more I see people, the more I love my dogs (and my Hermes). Cheers! LOL!

LamborghiniGirl said:

Wow! People are CRAZY!!

I was in the store today working with my usual sa. I bought a couple of things and while we were talking I reminded of her I was wanting a wallet. She said I have One on hold for someone but they are unsure so if they don't buy it, you can have it but let me show it to you since you are here. She goes and brings out two wallets, one was her stock and the other was her colleagues stock which her colleague allowed her to show me. As we sit in the jewelry section of the store, two Japanese female tourists walk by. They see the wallets on the table and they stand there and stare. I mean stand there and stare for a few minutes, not just quick glance but dead staring. They made me feel awkward and uneasy. I say to my sa after they walk away, wow there are lots of tourists here. She says yes and it's difficult for us to figure out what to sell and who to sell it to. She said Hermes is figuring out that they can't satisfy the local clientele due to the needs of the tourists from Asia for whom hermes is cheaper in the us.

Last edited: