Watermarks to Photos

May 29, 2010
I apologize if this has been addressed or there is an easy way to do this that I’m unaware of. However is there a way that you can automatically add a watermark to any picture posted? So every time someone uploads a picture in the bottom corner it reads “TPF”. This may prevent others from using pictures from here without the permission of tpf. I hope I explained my request properly. Thanks!

I apologize if this has been addressed or there is an easy way to do this that I’m unaware of. However is there a way that you can automatically add a watermark to any picture posted? So every time someone uploads a picture in the bottom corner it reads “TPF”. This may prevent others from using pictures from here without the permission of tpf. I hope I explained my request properly. Thanks!
The watermark would be better on some part of the item shown so it can't be easily edited out.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Is there the way tpf can automatically do this? Or offer us the option to add by checking off a box?
No idea, would be nice if they could. I think it's fairly easy to add your own though, I keep meaning to look into it, I've have photos of mine used on overseas replica sites and it's very frustrating.

No idea, would be nice if they could. I think it's fairly easy to add your own though, I keep meaning to look into it, I've have photos of mine used on overseas replica sites and it's very frustrating.
How frustrating! It hasn’t happened to me but happened to someone on the VCA forum recently. I figured I would suggest here to see if it could be added automatically.

Reactions: bubablu
Honestly, I’m guessing anything TPF would do automatically would have to be a one size fits all solution and that doesn’t seem helpful for this issue. It’s really not that difficult for individuals to watermark their own pictures, or choose not to if they don’t mind them being reused without credit. I think it needs to be more of an awareness campaign, perhaps a reminder/suggestion next to the “Attach Files” button would be appropriate?

Watermarking each individual picture can take time if you have a bunch to do, but I think it’s worth being able to position and color the watermark in a specific spot in each picture so it cant be edited out.
That’s why I wanted all uploaded pictures to be marked by tpf- or tpf have a box that could be checked if an automatic watermark should be added

That’s why I wanted all uploaded pictures to be marked by tpf- or tpf have a box that could be checked if an automatic watermark should be added
I agree that automatically adding a watermark would be helpful, as long as there’s flexibility to be able to position and size it depending on the content of the picture. If the automatic watermark were in the same corner of every picture (for example) it would be better than nothing but could too easily be removed.