Water Club:Quest for beautiful skin

they aren't heavy when empty, but can get a little heavy when they're filled with water. depends on the size. i have various sizes. they are really good at keeping the water cool or warm though.

Aaahh,i want to join too!That's funny!I never drink enough water,even if I have to!I often have cystitis (is this right?I had trouble finding this word!) so the gyn always told me to drink a lot,but I've never done!Now I'm trying to drink 2 liters a day.yesterday i've done well,let's see today!

^^ Please join lilyjamie! The more the merrier! :hugs:

I've been in the Water Club since last summer and I don't even keep tally marks of how many cups of water I drink anymore. I actually don't need to. It's been a year, and my body is now accustomed to drinking so much water that I automatically become thirsty if I don't take a sip every 20 minutes. :yes: My face is so much more clearer and retains this natural glow. I absolutely :heart: it! No more blackheads, no more whiteheads, no more pimples (except for the occassional one or two when I'm overly stressed or have not been getting enough sleep).

Plus, I've actually been losing weight. :nuts: Has anyone else had that happened to them? Since I drink so much water, whatever I eat digests faster and doesn't stay in my body for that long. It just comes out. Sorry if TMI. :sweatdrop: I'm not sure how much I've lost or how quickly it took. I wasn't counting. But I do know that I lost a pound here, a pound there. :woohoo:

loopymoi good for you! :smile: motivation is key when you start. i know it's hard. i have problems sticking to my goals sometimes but now that it's habit, i am very happy with my results. nicole (lunatwinkle) is getting even better results than me :P it just shows that it DOES work and you can really benefit from it.

i'm not tallying much anymore either but i know that i've had enough today. i wasn't feeling good and water just makes me feel better. i've downed a lot today!

One thing that's stuck out for me is a phrase from the Lululemon manifesto that they print on their bags: Observe a plant before and after watering and relate these benefits to your body and brain.

It's true! When you water a wilted plant, it perks right up, the leaves become fuller and the overall plant is happier. The same can be said for people, most people are at least somewhat dehydrated.

My average water intake is 2.7 liters per day. Non workout days is around 2.4 liters. During 3 x workout per week 3 liters and sometimes more. About 5 gallons a week. I can tell this cause our water bottle comes from the reverse osmosis water company that comes in 5 gallon bottle. So I need 4 of those every month. Well it has been quite consistent for the last 30 months +

Hey ladies! Some people have been requesting more information about my water intake plan. It's nothing fancy, but I though we should start a thread because it's getting a bit chaotic talking via PM.

Basically the point of drinking so much water everyday is to get: beautiful, flawless skin. That's the main priority, although water is great for a healthier body.

Since it's summer, we should drink more water- I drink about 10-12 eight oz. glasses of water a day now. You will have to pee a lot, but gradually your bladder gets used to it and the frequent bathroom trips will lessen.

I've been drinking this much water for more than 2 weeks now and my skin went from constantly having a few pimples and being somewhat bumpy in texture on the forehead ~ to being very smooth and acne free. My skin type is combination, I am a bit oily on the nose and forehead and I'm acne prone. I can say that the water is definitely working its magic. My parents are both doctors, I have checked with them- this much water will not kill you, as long as it is not all at once obviously. A rule of thumb may be a glass of 8 oz. water every hour, or something like that. It all depends on what works for you. :smile:

Why does the water work?
~By drinking more water, the toxins in your body will leave the body through your urine. If you drink less water, your body has to get rid of toxins in more ways than just urine. For example, toxins are constantly being excreted by your pores, causing pimples right? If you drink more water, you can flush out more of these toxins through urine, instead of the pores on your face. That creates an acne free you :smile:

Excuse the nerd talk, I swear it's all my parents fault. Hehe :roflmfao:

I'll be updating frequently on how my skin is looking, feeling, etc.
Please feel free to join. Support, encouragement, advice, anything will be in this thread :smile:

The other girls who have joined already are: maddog, ellacoach, T0TEMAMA!, and lunatwinkle.

:heart: Frosty :smile:

erm.... i guess its good to stay hydrated. But the toxin theory really doesnt make sense medically/scientifically. If you drink more water usually your pee is much more dilute. not really more "toxins" being flushed out. there should be no reason that less "toxins" would come out of ur pores bc u drink more water.