Watches

advokaitplm

Jul 11, 2012
What are some waterproof watches in the $100-500 range? Preferably two tone (yg/silver). Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need one that could withstand almost anything (being submerged, etc. just in case). My favorite style wise is the Fossil Stella but it's only water resistant to 5atm.

I'm a big fan of Citizen eco drive watches. They're water resistant from 50-100m generally (check individual watches), plus no battery changes!

The quality is awesome - Dad owns one from before I was born and whilst the design looks dated, it's still going strong.

I'm a big fan of Citizen eco drive watches. They're water resistant from 50-100m generally (check individual watches), plus no battery changes!

The quality is awesome - Dad owns one from before I was born and whilst the design looks dated, it's still going strong.

I've looked at Citizen too, but same results-- nothing really caught my attention style wise.

How about a Seiko orange or white monster?
I've looked at Seiko and none of their designs really catch my attention.

I did stumble across Invicta watches, they're a dive watch company where most models are water resistant to 200 meters.

Has anyone heard anything about this company, experience with them, etc.?

I've looked at Citizen too, but same results-- nothing really caught my attention style wise.

I've looked at Seiko and none of their designs really catch my attention.

I did stumble across Invicta watches, they're a dive watch company where most models are water resistant to 200 meters.

Has anyone heard anything about this company, experience with them, etc.?

Invicta is made to be big bold and flashy, at an inflated price of course. Their quality control is rather shotty. However, if you're mostly looking for a good looking accessory then you can always pick one up then flip it on ebay a year or two down the road.

Christofle said:
Invicta is made to be big bold and flashy, at an inflated price of course. Their quality control is rather shotty. However, if you're mostly looking for a good looking accessory then you can always pick one up then flip it on ebay a year or two down the road.

I need a watch that is at least water resistant to 10m. I'm about to graduate with a BA in philosophy but as soon as I'm done I'm going to go back for two years to get a BS in nursing and then go to PA school eventually; if I'm ever tired of working on a floor I can go into health administration with my BA and experience from nursing. I need a watch conducive for a hospital environment.

All the reviews I've read have said they are very durable. I'm also looking at older models/ discount watch places. I've found a few on ebay that seem to be from reputable dealers for $150ish.

I love two tone (yellow gold and stainless steel), nothing bigger than 40mm but preferably in the 28-35mm size range. And I'm not dead set on it but I love MOP dials (white or black) and chronographs. I keep finding ones that I love visually but don't have the water resistance I need or they aren't big enough or they're too big or have the cheap looking crystals on them. Honestly the less expensive the better because I don't want a super nice watch to get ruined by any number of things that could happen in a hospital.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I feel really picky with what I want but if I'm going to wear a watch I want to love the way it loos as well as love its functionality for my job too.

Also look at overstock they have lots of watches at a variety of price ranges. I got my Swiss Legend ceramic watch there last year and it is gorgeous. They have some upscale brands as well as cheap ones too.