Watches again: Chopard vs LV Tambour

maguses

Jan 6, 2006
Hiya

I m thinking of getting a diamond watch, more for shopping and meeting up with friends. I already have a Rolex. These are the 2 finalists. They are not for resale. I always end up scratching my watches, dropping them, and denting them so I cant sell them anyway.

1. Chopard Happy Sport Mark II

attachment.php

I love the Chopard Happy Sport Mark II because the happy diamonds are so cute! They spin and dance when u tilt the watch slightly! Simply dazzling. In addition, its easy to change the strap; most generic brands' leather straps will fit it, and it will only cost 10 dollars.

But the dial is a bit dull being just in white. I also want a diamond bezel, but its out of my budget. The whole design looks a bit more for mature ladies.

attachment.php

The LV Tambour is really v adorable and pretty in pink. I think the LV designers are very talented! I love the dial, with the diamonds studded onto the silvery surface, and the pretty monogram etched onto the surface. Its v stylish and fashionable. I also like the pink leather strap. However the diamonds are static, and its probably very expensive to change the strap. And the style may get out of fashion (2 sides of a coin)

Which watch do u prefer? :shrugs:

(Alternatively I can spend the money on my DH and buy him a Tambour GMT Automatic)

Attachments

• happyhappy.jpg
    happyhappy.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 321
  • tambour1.jpg
    tambour1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Normally, I would vote for Chopard (my SO and I own more than a dozen), but I think I hear you more excited about the LV! I don't think the style is too trendy. It's very sweet with the classic LV flower motif. Yes, the straps are going to be more $$ than the simple style of the Chopard. But the Chopard style you found is too basic for a "fun" watch. KWIM? It's kind of flat. Plus, I like watches with some personality, and the LV has it, hands down.

Ok i'm a minority on this one. I would usually say Chopard, but between this 2 watches, the LV style is just so much more interesting. The Chopard looks really serious. You already said you have a rolex, so that could be used for formal events, and this LV would be used for well, you said it, going out with friends and having fun with a definitely fun looking watch.

The LV watch is beautiful, but I am w/the majority in recommending the Chopard. This is the EXACT watch I wanted a few years back. Maybe someday :love:

If it is out of the budget, maybe just buy your DH the Tambour, and drop hints so maybe you'll get it (the Chopard) for your b-day or anniversary??? ;):graucho:

I m travelling to Asia. I can get the Chopard at 4K (USD), which is around the price of both tambours. However i m leaning towards buying a watch for my DH; i feel less guilty splurging on others