Watch experts--question on aftermarket bezel on Rolex

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I'm in the market for a Rolex and really love the pearlmaster however it only comes in gold or platinum and is a bit out of my price range. My jeweler has another datejust Rolex (that looks very similar to the pearlmaster but is SS and doesn't have the same bezel) and can place the pearlmaster bezel on this watch. It will be much less expensive. The bezel is a Rolex bezel but it was not meant for the stainless watch.
Is this a big deal? Is this sort of thing not a good thing to do?
My other alternative is to go with the yachtmaster with all Rolex original to yachtmaster parts.
Would love watch experts opinions on this.

I have an aftermarket diamond bezel on a mid-size YG President. Save the original bezel, because if you ever need service from Rolex "they replace all non-Rolex parts with Rolex during service" from what I understand (someone correct me if I am wrong). Could get expensive for you, eh? I presume this goes for Rolex parts that are not supposed to be on a certain style - maybe they won't work on it? IDK

That is the downside. But if you have bought from a reputable reseller (especially if a b&m store) they'll remove or replace that bezel before sending it to Rolex.

At least my guy will... actually my reseller is a total expert on many kinds of watches, I have no qualms about him working on my watches, but others may not feel that way and advise you differently. Of course he wrote the appraisal for me for insurance, because an AD of course would not do it with aftermarket parts.

JME

I have an aftermarket diamond bezel on a mid-size YG President. Save the original bezel, because if you ever need service from Rolex "they replace all non-Rolex parts with Rolex during service" from what I understand (someone correct me if I am wrong). Could get expensive for you, eh? I presume this goes for Rolex parts that are not supposed to be on a certain style - maybe they won't work on it? IDK

That is the downside. But if you have bought from a reputable reseller (especially if a b&m store) they'll remove or replace that bezel before sending it to Rolex.

At least my guy will... actually my reseller is a total expert on many kinds of watches, I have no qualms about him working on my watches, but others may not feel that way and advise you differently. Of course he wrote the appraisal for me for insurance, because an AD of course would not do it with aftermarket parts.

JME

I think Chessmont is right, in the UK, Rolex will only service a watch with the original bezel, as long as you have that, its all good RC:smile: