Washing Longchamp pliage created more water stains...

Dec 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

Last week, my longchamp neo got splashed in the rain by a car driving past the curb. So I took some detergent + warm water and washed 90% of the bag up to the leather handles since I didn't want them getting wet. Anyway, now there is a water stain line along the top of the bag where I stopped washing. I admit that I let the bag dripping in the shower to dry and it dried overnight. Should I have absorbed some of the dampness off before letting it hang dry? How do I remedy the new water stains without creating more water stains?

I've just ended the cleansing operation with dunking the whole bag in water. Using a detergent might create even worse stains as it's really difficult to get all of it off the bag without soaking or giving it a good shower. Some say getting the leather parts wet might rot the leather but all of my Le Pliages are doing fine despite all of them getting a good dunking at least once during their life. Plus the ever constant rain wetting the bags several times a year. If you're feeling brave, go for the dunk or give your bag a shower and avoid leather parts where you can, that's the best advice I can give you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mariapia
I've just ended the cleansing operation with dunking the whole bag in water. Using a detergent might create even worse stains as it's really difficult to get all of it off the bag without soaking or giving it a good shower. Some say getting the leather parts wet might rot the leather but all of my Le Pliages are doing fine despite all of them getting a good dunking at least once during their life. Plus the ever constant rain wetting the bags several times a year. If you're feeling brave, go for the dunk or give your bag a shower and avoid leather parts where you can, that's the best advice I can give you.
Thank you; I guess I'll try and just wet the whole thing and see how it goes. It's been in the rain before and oddly enough didn't get any waterstains that way....

I don't think it's water that stained your bag, but the crap that was IN the water when the car sploshed it on your bag. LP nylon doesn't really get water stains from clean water. A good shower or dunk will most likely be the magic touch that's needed - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I don't think it's water that stained your bag, but the crap that was IN the water when the car sploshed it on your bag. LP nylon doesn't really get water stains from clean water. A good shower or dunk will most likely be the magic touch that's needed - keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Yeah, that's totally possible. I've wiped the whole thing down again with warm water and a microfiber cloth and it's drying now. Fingers and toes crossed!

Unfortunately Neos seem more susceptible to water spots than the regular Pliage nylon bags. They are made of a different material and leather. In my recent memory, several other members have complained about water spots on Neos and I've got a few spots on one of mine. Some people have washed their Pliage nylon bags in washing machines but I wouldn't do that for a Neo. I hope the bag dries OK for you. Best of luck.

Reactions: Hoya94 and lotnot
I am having the same problem with my large neo (grey). I tried to remove an oil looking stain on my purse by using Mrs. Meyer's dish soap with a cloth. After drying, I could still see it so I did it again but this time the water dispersed and now it has left some water stain on my purse!! I'm super annoyed! I'm afraid of dunking it in water or even putting it in the washer, but now I have this huge water stain on the front of my bag. Any other suggestions? Thanks! :smile:

I am having the same problem with my large neo (grey). I tried to remove an oil looking stain on my purse by using Mrs. Meyer's dish soap with a cloth. After drying, I could still see it so I did it again but this time the water dispersed and now it has left some water stain on my purse!! I'm super annoyed! I'm afraid of dunking it in water or even putting it in the washer, but now I have this huge water stain on the front of my bag. Any other suggestions? Thanks! :smile:

I just dunked my entire bag into warm water, let it soak for 30 mins, and light detergent and let it drip dry. No more water stain!

In the past year I bought a few preloved 2724 model, and a couple Eiffel Le Pliage totes, and even though they were in good shape, I put them in the washer always. I recently washed my bilberry Eiffel in the washer after a friend spilled lemonade on it.

1. I put them in my lingerie bag (see pic below), on gentle or delicate cycle with Woolite, hang them by the straps on a hanger in the shower to dry.
2. I allow them to dry overnight. The next day, I condition ALL the leather trim wth Cadillac Conditioner or my AppleGuard Conditioner, to prevent dryness. I have also sprayed ALL of my LP bags with AppleGuard Rain & Stain Repellent.
3. I’ve washed about 5 or 6 nylon Le Pliage bags, and all of them came out great!!! Nice, fresh and clean. :tup:

(Bilberry Eiffel in the lingerie bag before washing, and the pic of how she looks today!!!!)

Attachments

• FADC4FAC-BE95-4FC1-8A66-62F5B3875E5A.jpeg
    FADC4FAC-BE95-4FC1-8A66-62F5B3875E5A.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 32EE4032-B58E-4756-AE65-DFAE7C43384F.jpeg
    32EE4032-B58E-4756-AE65-DFAE7C43384F.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 1,575