Was there ever a BE in this color?

zuzu maxx

Anonymous Bag Lady
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
I am so bummed! Tonight on BART my bag was snatched from me by some creap! I just wasn't paying attention and had my bag sitting in the seat next to me - but on the aisle side - oops! Thank goodness that I forgot my turquoise AP (with my ID/cards) at work tonight!! The #$@&^%* creap :crybaby:

Have any of you Belenistas ever seen this color in BE? This is a Billy Bag, another brand from England, and I just loved the smooshy leather! The bag was a darker than this due to this being a flash photo, but it was a perfect plum. Thanks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Billy Bag Front.jpg
    Billy Bag Front.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 211
I am very sorry to hear that... I shudder to think that it may happen to me one day, as it will probably will sooner or later. I'd probably risk my life to get my purse back if i was mugged...
I am not aware of any BE in this color, but i have only been here since June...

Have you tried looking for a replacement Billy Bag in TJMAXX? There have been a lot of Billy Bags with similar details to that one (although not that colour) passing through the UK TKMAXX recently.

Thanks mariabdc. I am usually very careful and don't even listen to my Ipod when it's late, but I had a beverage with a friend after work and was relaxed just enough :sad:

I chased him and yelled and some people tried to stop him, but he punched a young man in the face who tried to stop him, shrugged out of his big fluffy coat and ran off into the station. He must have looked like an idiot carrying a purple bag - but then it is San Francisco - lol!

I'm really bummed because I searched high and low for that bag when I looking to purchase it. I have contacted Billy Bag too to see if they have anything in this color anymore.

What a nasty experience. But thankfully this thief did not stop to fight you back!'
I'm sorry you're out of your bag and it's contents, and wish you luck finding a similar one.
I have not seen a BE bag in this colour, but try and ask Jackie anyway, she might have something stashed away ;)

Oh that's such a shame. I am so sorry to hear that you bag was snatched. The poor guy who was punched, but at least he tried to help you. Once again, I am so sorry. That was a beautiful bag too. I love the style, color, everything about it.

That is terrible - thanks goodness you weren't hurt. The poor guy that got punched! I would keep an eye on Ebay UK (www.ebay.uk.co) as they currently have 140 billy bags listed - you might find a replacement some day, if you want. Or maybe BE will intro a similar colour for fall (it is stunning by the way) So sorry this happened to you.

Last edited:
Zuzu,
Sorry to hear about what happened - I previously lived in San Fran and still work in Redwood Shores on occasion. I hadn't taken the BART in some time and didn't realize this kind of thing happens. That Rat Bast&*D!! Stealing your bag like that....I hope he didn't get away with anything of value other than your handbag. At least your lovely Turquoise AP is safe and sound...Good thing you left it at the office yesterday!

Zuzu, I'm sorry to hear about your bag...honestly, during these tough economic times I think people are really feeling desperate and crime will be going up. Generally, I thought BART was pretty safe (I lived in the South Bay for a number of years and drove mostly, so who am I to say). We have had a rash of car thefts and break-ins in our normally very quiet neighborhood.

As far as the bag, I haven't seen this color as a BE. I have, however, seen it from Hayden Harnett. I used to have a Salina bag in exactly this color - I can't remember the name. Plum, maybe? It's maybe a leather color from a year or so ago. You may want to ask this question on the HH forum. The gals there are very knowledgeable (and most are here too LOL!)...

Thanks everyone for your recommendations! I will check out eBay UK and I like HH so maybe I'll look and see what they have! I did love that bag - It was actually on a posting once and people were trying to figure out what designer made it. It is the bag that got me hooked on tpf - lol!! So, you can see it was not only cute but influential ;)

BART is generally safe, but I usually leave work for home around 9-10PM and I go all the way to No. Concord so it gets a little sketchy at that time of night. The police officr said more and more people are partnering up and snatching iPhones, and right out of one's hands!! So be extra careful to tuck your items on the inside of your seat :yes:.

hey zuzu - i am so sorry for this to happen to you. a least a nice guy tried to help. how mean of them to punch him in the face. have you reported it to the police? often theives dump the bag very close to where it was stolen. they just want the purse inside. it's a good reminder that we all should be aware. i was out earlier and 2 guys seemed to be watching me in the chemist. i was buying leg shaving butter so i am sure they were not interested in what i was buying!!! :P they followed me up and down the aisles and when i was paying at the till, and one of them came up and bumped into me really hard. i think they were trying to steal something from my bag. i left quickly and walked straight into a shop next door, checked everything was in my bag and then ran (literally) back to my car. they were really creepy :wacko:

unfortuantely i have never seen a BE that colour, but kooba might have a similar colour leather. i am glad you are ok :hugs:

I have, however, seen it from Hayden Harnett. I used to have a Salina bag in exactly this color - I can't remember the name. Plum, maybe? It's maybe a leather color from a year or so ago. You may want to ask this question on the HH forum. The gals there are very knowledgeable (and most are here too LOL!)...

You are right audball, I had a HH havana hobo in plum and it was sooo gorgeous - looks alot like the colour of that Billy Bag - plus the lining was this gorgeous silky floral.... yum!

So sorry about your bag, Zuzu! I have an HH bag in Plum (the Ana) and I think it is more purple IRL than the pic of your Billy Bag, though in photos it often looked a lot like this. You may want to poke around for Currant as well. The Salina, the Nico and the Mercer satchel came in Currant -- those are the ones I can recall.

EDITED TO ADD: Here's a link to good pix of a Currant Mercer from the HH forum

http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/didnt-wait-til-christmas-to-open-397045.html

Last edited: