Warning: total jewelry newbie! Lost a small diamond on my ring :

glazebrookgirl

Cookies, please?!
O.G.
Jul 16, 2010
So, I apologize up front for my total newbie status. :biggrin:

When I got married, instead of a traditional engagement ring, I fell in love with this unusual ring. A variation of it was made at a store called "gem" in Orange County. My husband's family had bought a lot of jewelry from this store and I worked with the jeweler there to create this version of the ring as a wedding ring. It is 18k white gold with pave white diamonds and pave cognac diamonds twisted together. I thought it was a beautiful metaphor for two people coming together, blah, blah. :P

Anyways, I love it. But the jeweler went out of business, sadly. And the other day I noticed that I had lost one cognac diamond. Fortunately, the lost one is underneath where the white diamond twist begins, so it is not very noticeable except to me! I would love to get it replaced, but totally unsure how to even approach this. I do have it insured through Jeweler's Mutual. Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 429
  • ring4.jpg
    ring4.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 510
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 401
  • ring1a.jpg
    ring1a.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 428
  • ring5.jpg
    ring5.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 961
Thanks for the advice. I need to find a local jeweler anyway. $75 is an awesome deal, I hope I can find someone to do that for me! And your ring is so pretty, I am glad you were able to get it fixed.

Your ring is beautiful! So unique! Your best bet is going to be with a local jeweler, I would try and avoid the mall jewelry stores, natch.

Believe it or a not a lot of pawn stores have an in-house jeweler who can do amazing work. Their jobs are to fix broken bits of jewelry that come in and make them sellable again, so maybe try a reputable pawn store in your area! I've had work done at a local pawn shop and they did an amazing job!

Good luck!