Warning! Bonanza glitch??

Yes, where in SC? I don't think any of the cops in my family would mind knocking on a budget inn door. :cool: What is it with these idiots? Do they actually get to keep the money if they withdraw it from their paypal account? I mean, you will get your money back regardless... so does she just get away scott-free? wtf. I just had a b*tch do this to me with some CLs. Like, I know I'm going to get my money back, but I sure as hell hope that chick doesn't get to keep it. Grr!

So.. apparently this seller used stolen pictures and Bonanza removed it at the request of a tpfer...it wasn't the seller who deleted the listing. My money still sits unclaimed in her paypal account and I can't even file a paypal claim until 30 days up, but I can do a cc charge back.

Her city is Allendale and he bonz id was AlenaDale...

I am sorry to hear this, have you contacted Mark @ Bonanza? Your paypal receipt should reference the purchase, email them to reactivate and then close the ad accordingly... that might do the trick.

So.. apparently this seller used stolen pictures and Bonanza removed it at the request of a tpfer...it wasn't the seller who deleted the listing. My money still sits unclaimed in her paypal account and I can't even file a paypal claim until 30 days up, but I can do a cc charge back.

Her city is Allendale and he bonz id was AlenaDale...
OP, have you gotten the refund yet? I was under the impression that as long as funds are "unclaimed," paypal will reverse the transaction.

I sent Bonanzle an email about the glitch...will update when I hear back.
Bonz has quite a few glitches that they need to admit to and fix.

Bonanzle initially responded to my email by telling me that it wasn't a glitch; that the seller had multiple quantities of the black city listed. when i responded telling them that this wasn't true (after double checking and seeing that only ONE black city was listed), this is the response i received:

Hi [name],
You are correct. After sleuthing a bit more on this one (due to the fraudulent reports), the seller did only have one listed. What they did was they did not claim any of the payments so the item sat for sale. An item will remain for sale on Bonanza until PayPal communicates that the funds are confirmed. Once they are confirmed, PayPal sends us a confirmation and that is when the item is removed. It is not a glitch, it is just how it has always worked. Whether the seller meant to do so or not is still in question. However the reports that we are getting (unique tracking numbers and such) lead us to believe that their intentions may not have been the best. We are sick that someone would intentionally do such a thing (if that is the case) and you can be that we will be reviewing this closely and identify areas where we can improve to avoid this from happening in the future (if it is true that they are fraudulent).
Please keep us posted on what you learn.
Regards,
Mark
The Bonanza Team

so their position is that it is not a glitch. seems like a glitch to me...

Bonanzle initially responded to my email by telling me that it wasn't a glitch; that the seller had multiple quantities of the black city listed. when i responded telling them that this wasn't true (after double checking and seeing that only ONE black city was listed), this is the response i received:

Hi [name],
You are correct. After sleuthing a bit more on this one (due to the fraudulent reports), the seller did only have one listed. What they did was they did not claim any of the payments so the item sat for sale. An item will remain for sale on Bonanza until PayPal communicates that the funds are confirmed. Once they are confirmed, PayPal sends us a confirmation and that is when the item is removed. It is not a glitch, it is just how it has always worked. Whether the seller meant to do so or not is still in question. However the reports that we are getting (unique tracking numbers and such) lead us to believe that their intentions may not have been the best. We are sick that someone would intentionally do such a thing (if that is the case) and you can be that we will be reviewing this closely and identify areas where we can improve to avoid this from happening in the future (if it is true that they are fraudulent).
Please keep us posted on what you learn.
Regards,
Mark
The Bonanza Team

so their position is that it is not a glitch. seems like a glitch to me...
Mark's explanation makes sense to me.

I would compare it to ebay where a seller has an item as BIN and requires immediate payment. If a buyer BINs it and is a slow typist while accessing paypal and paying for it, another buyer might come in and snipe it if that second buyer pays more quickly.

In other words, an ebay BIN with immediate payment required isn't considered sold until payment is complete.

That has never happened to me on ebay, if I send the payment via paypal and receive a confirmation, the transaction is done. Whether the seller has claimed the payment or not, there is no way to know that before the payment. I was unable to reverse the payment even it said "unclaimed". From a buyer's perpective once you send the payment and get a confirmation, it's a done deal and they should mark it as sold. Maybe they need a check system that the new users need to have a fullly set up paypal account.

In other words, an ebay BIN with immediate payment required isn't considered sold until payment is complete.

But isn't the payment "complete" once the buyer makes it, once the buyer pays?

TBH, I don't even understand what is meant by the seller "claiming" the money kuz as a seller I've never had to claim anything. Someone buys something I listed, I get an email about it from the website and one from PP notifying me the item has sold and the buyer paid. It's a done deal. I would have to refund the payment to undo it. No?

But isn't the payment "complete" once the buyer makes it, once the buyer pays?

TBH, I don't even understand what is meant by the seller "claiming" the money kuz as a seller I've never had to claim anything. Someone buys something I listed, I get an email about it from the website and one from PP notifying me the item has sold and the buyer paid. It's a done deal. I would have to refund the payment to undo it. No?

[FONT=&quot]I think in this case, the payments were unclaimed because the seller wasn’t verified. Once the seller verified her account, she was able to claim the payments.[/FONT]

That has never happened to me on ebay, if I send the payment via paypal and receive a confirmation, the transaction is done. Whether the seller has claimed the payment or not, there is no way to know that before the payment. I was unable to reverse the payment even it said "unclaimed". From a buyer's perpective once you send the payment and get a confirmation, it's a done deal and they should mark it as sold. Maybe they need a check system that the new users need to have a fullly set up paypal account.

agreed

OP, have you gotten the refund yet? I was under the impression that as long as funds are "unclaimed," paypal will reverse the transaction.

Bonz has quite a few glitches that they need to admit to and fix.

I did after filing for an INR. The seller submitted a tracking number that showed delivery in a different city in my state. I was unable to reverse the payment even when it showed "unclaimed." I called paypal but they said the funds already went thru my credit card and couldn't reverse it.

In my case, the listing was removed by Bonanzle once it was confirmed the seller used stolen photos, so there were only two of us who purchased it. Otherwise, there would have been a lot more victims.