Warning against chin/jaw liposuction and Acculift

Hey forumers, long time lurker here and first time posting after a disheartening experience with chin/jawline lipo and Acculift. I'm 22 and had this procedure done a couple of months ago, and I highly regret it :sad: I came into the consultation only wanting to get rid of my double chin, but the hospital insisted I had a lot of face fat and chubby cheeks and talked me into getting my jawline/lower cheek/chin area lipoed as well. I did have chubby cheeks but I didn't mind them at all, and people thought I was 16 all the time because of my baby face. After lipo, I look older and tired; my face looks more flat and dull, and loss of volume actually made my face look bigger... People tell me I look older (I know I shouldn't take those comments to heart but before this, all I got were compliments on how young and pretty I was). The surgery changed my entire face shape and I literally look like a different person and not an improved version. I guess I'm writing this because I want to warn you guys against taking fat away from your face. I guess sometimes we all get greedy and want that "flawless" look but honestly, do your research and know exactly what improvements you want, and don't let hospitals tell you you have more areas that need to be fixed if their aesthetics aren't in line with your own. Before the surgery, I took a look at the B/A pictures of this lipo procedure, and I can honestly say a lot of the after results looked so much worse and older than before. Yet I still went ahead with it because I trusted the results with be good. I asked the consultants whether lipo would make me look older, but they reassured me again and again that it wouldn't. The surgeon saw me for no more than 2 minutes through the whole thing (consultation, surgery, post-surgery). I have no one to blame but myself but being stupid and not insisting on exactly what I wanted, and for not listening to my gut feeling. I can't believe I took away my natural fat when people pay for fat grafting for the baby face effect I used to have. I don't know what to do now. I lost all my confidence. I look in the mirror and I don't see myself. I'll definitely have to get fat grafting done now :sad: Sigh... I know this entire thread probably sounds vain, but I'm sure some of you would understand, as we only have one face and we have to live with it. I'd be thankful for any help if anyone has had experience with fat grafting to the lower cheeks/buccal fat area. Thanks for reading!
Hi sunnysnow - sorry to hear about your experience :sad: how is your face now? has there been slight improvement or do you feel the same?
I have been considering facial fat procedures such as acculift / accusculpt or buccal fat removal but after hearing this I have a lot to think about.
I was also wondering if you could please PM me the name of this clinic?

Hey forumers, long time lurker here and first time posting after a disheartening experience with chin/jawline lipo and Acculift. I'm 22 and had this procedure done a couple of months ago, and I highly regret it :sad: I came into the consultation only wanting to get rid of my double chin, but the hospital insisted I had a lot of face fat and chubby cheeks and talked me into getting my jawline/lower cheek/chin area lipoed as well. I did have chubby cheeks but I didn't mind them at all, and people thought I was 16 all the time because of my baby face. After lipo, I look older and tired; my face looks more flat and dull, and loss of volume actually made my face look bigger... People tell me I look older (I know I shouldn't take those comments to heart but before this, all I got were compliments on how young and pretty I was). The surgery changed my entire face shape and I literally look like a different person and not an improved version. I guess I'm writing this because I want to warn you guys against taking fat away from your face. I guess sometimes we all get greedy and want that "flawless" look but honestly, do your research and know exactly what improvements you want, and don't let hospitals tell you you have more areas that need to be fixed if their aesthetics aren't in line with your own. Before the surgery, I took a look at the B/A pictures of this lipo procedure, and I can honestly say a lot of the after results looked so much worse and older than before. Yet I still went ahead with it because I trusted the results with be good. I asked the consultants whether lipo would make me look older, but they reassured me again and again that it wouldn't. The surgeon saw me for no more than 2 minutes through the whole thing (consultation, surgery, post-surgery). I have no one to blame but myself but being stupid and not insisting on exactly what I wanted, and for not listening to my gut feeling. I can't believe I took away my natural fat when people pay for fat grafting for the baby face effect I used to have. I don't know what to do now. I lost all my confidence. I look in the mirror and I don't see myself. I'll definitely have to get fat grafting done now :sad: Sigh... I know this entire thread probably sounds vain, but I'm sure some of you would understand, as we only have one face and we have to live with it. I'd be thankful for any help if anyone has had experience with fat grafting to the lower cheeks/buccal fat area. Thanks for reading!

Dya mind actually naming the clinic as that would help others

Reactions: emily333
Definitely agree. They didn't care about me as a patient with my own goals and concerns and just pushed their sales tactics on me. I went with my mom, and honestly I wanted to wait a few days before making a decision, but my mom blindly believed them and paid for the surgery right away. I will PM you the clinic.
pls pm me the clinic too. thank you :smile:

Reactions: emily333
I am actually considering to go for Acculift in October to remove excess fats from my jawline and jowls only.
I was told during consultation that 2 tiny incisions will be made on either sides of the jaw to remove the fats that will be dislodged by the acculift laser. Stitches will be removed after 7 days. I hope it will go well, although now I feel a bit discouraged and cautious after reading your post. Thank you for sharing.
did u do acculift in the end? :smile:

Definitely agree. They didn't care about me as a patient with my own goals and concerns and just pushed their sales tactics on me. I went with my mom, and honestly I wanted to wait a few days before making a decision, but my mom blindly believed them and paid for the surgery right away. I will PM you the clinic.
Hello sunnysnow,

I want to get acculift because i have really chubby cheeks and i want to get rid of the excess fat. i would like to avoid the clinic you were talking about. could you please PM me the name of the clinic too? thanks!

sorry! i realized you already named the clinic, didn't mean to make u repeat urself.

on page 4 she said she went to TLPS

I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. What you wrote is exactly how I've been feeling every day for the past year. Since I got the surgery, I have been consistently numb and depressed, I stopped going out, seeing my friends, and enjoying the things I used to do. I lost my identity. Everyone thinks I'm mentally ill but seriously, unless one has been in our shoes they cannot judge us for the pain we are experiencing. Our face is part of our identity. Please reconsider whether you really want liposuction for your face; I honestly believe facial lipo will age you a good 10 years. Think about where the extra skin will go? It will sag early and you will prematurely lose your facial support. I honestly think I need a facelift now, my face went from round and plump to an old saggy face. I don't know how this is even possible.

By the way the clinic I went to is TLPS, to answer everyone. I know how hard it is to speak up about bad experiences and I don't mean to scare people, I just want to share my experience.

It's so hard to be optimistic when I look in the mirror and hate what I see. The lipo seems to have aged me by 5-10 years. I didn't know taking some fat from my lower face would leave me looking like a different person. My midface is now flat too since the supporting fat is gone. I never feel pretty anymore and avoid looking into mirrors because it leaves me depressed. There's a disconnect when I expect to see my usual youthful face but then what I see just shocks me. Somehow my smile lines became more prominent too, and my face is not smooth anymore and has slightly hollow areas? Omg. Before the surgery, the only areas I was self conscious about was my double chin, but now I'm left with so many other problems. How can this happen with just a simple lipo procedure? It's hard to even wake up in the mornings, and harder to pretend I'm happy in front of my mom and friends. In the days leading up to the surgery, I was still getting complimented on by strangers (both guys and girls). Why did I do this to myself? I don't feel like myself anymore. I'm now doing a lot of research on good clinics for fat grafting/facial contouring, and this time, I'll definitely be smarter and listen to my gut feeling.
Sorry for yr experience… can u PM me the clinic you went? Thanks