Want to see the Sistine Chapel?

Thanks for the link! It's looks so much different without a ton of people all over the room! I'm surprised that they did this, the rights to the Sistine Chapel don't belong to the Vatican, they haven't ever since the last set of restoration work was done in the 70's. I can't remember the company that owns the rights, but they also own the photography rights, which is why you're not supposed to take photos once you're inside. Wonder what made them do this.

Thanks for the link! It's looks so much different without a ton of people all over the room! I'm surprised that they did this, the rights to the Sistine Chapel don't belong to the Vatican, they haven't ever since the last set of restoration work was done in the 70's. I can't remember the company that owns the rights, but they also own the photography rights, which is why you're not supposed to take photos once you're inside. Wonder what made them do this.
Given that the copyright on the page is from the Vatican museum,I think it was a project they did in collaboration with the owners of the photographic rights.I'm not sure,though.I was lucky enough that all the times I've been in Rome,both San Pietro and the Sistine Chapel were basically empty.I've been to rome too many times to count,lol.Rome and Florence are the places where you go when you are italian and you don't know where to spend the holidays :P but I thought it was a really great thing to do,for all the people who can't go to Rome easily!

What a stunning beauty. Thank you so much for the link, I just had to share it with family members too. Gorgeous. I can't believe Michelangelo actually painted almost the entire chapel, the high ceiling, the walls, etc. Gosh it is so beautiful for words. Such a marvelous creation and a real masterpiece. :love: I can only wish to travel to the Vatican and see this chapel with my own eyes someday. I could only dream. :girlsigh:

Breath taking!!! Thanx for posting the link...truly amazing..I would love to know the thought behind each character painted....they all look like they were painted with a purpose in mind....this is the next thing I'm googling lol!!!!