Want to Purchase a Chanel Jumbo from a Department Store

olidivia

O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Chanel from a department store or directly from Chanel. I am trying to find the best deal on one. i.e. open a store credit card, buy during a certain event etc. I have a friend in New Hampshire and will most likely ship to her because the state doesn't have sales tax and most of the department stores aren't located in that state. Please let me know your suggestions on where and when to buy.

This is what I have found out on my own so far:

Saks- Called a Saks SA in PA and he said there is a wait list and that I could get 10% off with a Saks credit card

Nordstrom - in San Diego, waitlist of 15 people

Neiman Marcus - I am the first on the wait list. If I open a NM credit card I can get a $200 giftcard

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Chanel from a department store or directly from Chanel. I am trying to find the best deal on one. i.e. open a store credit card, buy during a certain event etc. I have a friend in New Hampshire and will most likely ship to her because the state doesn't have sales tax and most of the department stores aren't located in that state. Please let me know your suggestions on where and when to buy.

Saks- Called a Saks SA in PA and he said there is a wait list and that I could get 10% off with a Saks credit card

Neiman Marcus - I am the first on the wait list. If I open a NM credit card I can get a $200 giftcard

I bought a jumbo from Saks when I opened my Saks account on a triple point event that was also giving bonus points for purchasing any handbag over $1000 so I ended up paying $4950 for the jumbo (10% of 5500) and will receive close to $400 in a gift card on top of that. I recommend going with Saks if you want to get the most bang for you buck! Good luck!

I bought a jumbo from Saks when I opened my Saks account on a triple point event that was also giving bonus points for purchasing any handbag over $1000 so I ended up paying $4950 for the jumbo (10% of 5500) and will receive close to $400 in a gift card on top of that. I recommend going with Saks if you want to get the most bang for you buck! Good luck!

Yeah, great deal! Seems like Saks is the best to go with right now. Any idea when the next triple point event is? Normally you just get two points? So I would think I would still get a giftcard but for not as much?

Do the wait lists at Saks vary by store? Maybe someone knows of a store that has them in stock or doesn't have a long waitlist.

Yeah, great deal! Seems like Saks is the best to go with right now. Any idea when the next triple point event is? Normally you just get two points? So I would think I would still get a giftcard but for not as much?

Do the wait lists at Saks vary by store? Maybe someone knows of a store that has them in stock or doesn't have a long waitlist.

Right...You would just get about 100 dollars in gift cards f you don't wait for an event. I think the wait lists vary. I am not sure when the next triple point event is, but I imagine one should come up for the holidays. I can keep my eye out and let you know when one is coming. Are you open to colors, leather, and hw? I imagine Saks would have to have at least some jumbos during the events. When I got mine, they had a few but mine was the only black caviar w SHW. They has another black lamb w GHW at the time and a few other colors.

Hi Everyone,

Something else to consider is buying from a store with no physical location where you live; where you can save on taxes too.

Hi!

Saks Chanel in NY currently has a Jumbo Black Lambskin GHW! No waitlist! Please let me know if you need SA info.

Hi Laaamey! Thanks for letting me know. I am suprised someone hasn't snatched up that bag yet. i know its gorgeous. The lambskin jumbo is very tempting but I am really looking for a black caviar jumbo with GHW.

... so if you open a charge card to get the 10%, but have that store in your home state, won't you then get charged the tax from your home state if you use the new charge card?

Last edited:
If anyone knows a Saks that has a Chanel jumbo black caviar with gold hardware please let me know. If there is a short waitlist, that would be ok as well. Please PM me. Thanks!

Hi ladies! Thank you to everyone that PM'd me, you are all so helpful. I texted a Saks SA
named Mojie at Saks Fifth Polaris, Ohio. Cell (614)581-3142... She said the waiting list was months but that should would call around to some of the stores and that she did see a few in the company. She found ONE in Cincinnati and the SA over there is going to ring it up for me first thing in the morning. I'm so happy that I am going to be able to get the bag right away.

Thank you again for all the help!!