wallet questions

Aug 18, 2010
Hello Dear tPFers!

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a gorgeous Alma PM in amarante. Now I'm trying to decide which wallet to get. I was hoping they had a zippy coin purse in amarante in stock, but they did not...So I know that I want some sort of vernis wallet :biggrin:

Here are my questions:
-Since the Alma PM is the smallest LV bag I own and one that I would not use as an everyday bag to work, should I get a smaller wallet like the zippy coin purse or something that I can also use with my larger monogram bags like the Sarah?
-Would it be overkill to get the wallet also in amarante?
-Should I try something more colorful like pomme for a pop of color (of all the vernis colors my 2 faves are the amarante and pomme)?
-For those who have pomme and amarante items, do the colors clash or work well together?
-Should I continue to use my current wallet (insolite in mono) and get an SLG or two (e.g. key pouch/cles, business card holder, agenda)? If so, what color?

If it helps, this is what I currently have:
-speedy 35 mono
-NF GM mono
-Odeon GM mono
-Alma PM amarante (my only vernis piece)
-my only wallet--monogram insolite with the pink interior.

Also, on the top of my wish list is the Eva in Damier Ebene (and I'm not 100% sure the insolite will fit in it). So that kinda makes me think something smaller like the zippy coin purse.

Thanks so much for your help with my 20 questions!!! I appreciate suggestions and opinions!!! I'm just one of those people who feels the need to be overly informed in decision making! :P Hopefully when I decide what I'll get, I can find it in stock!!! ;)

They are getting ALOT of stock in right now! Last night the site filled up! I personally match my pieces, but I see nothing wrong with not matching your pieces, I think it adds a bit of jazz. Do you have an LV boutique near you or are your purchasing online?

They are getting ALOT of stock in right now! Last night the site filled up! I personally match my pieces, but I see nothing wrong with not matching your pieces, I think it adds a bit of jazz. Do you have an LV boutique near you or are your purchasing online?

I have 2 that are near me so I like getting to touch and feel and look at things :smile: When I purchased the Alma, they didn't have the zippy coin purse in amarante. They had the regular sized zippy wallet in amarante, but at the time I had the idea in my head that I wanted the zippy coin purse in amarante.

I would say then take your alma in and try things out (even if it's not in the same print) so you know what fits. Then hold the colors together to know if you appreciate the diversity or detest it. Then you can begin the LV stalk to find what you want! You can call the 1866 #, other LV stores or stalk the website. If you would do pre-lvoed, you can look at BBOS, Yoogis Closet or EBay!

i don't know where you're located, but i agree with amy. there's a lot more coming back into stock now. i'd go to the boutique and try some colors next to each other and wallet/bag size combos. :biggrin:

i'm in south carolina...so i can go to the boutiques in charleston, sc and charlotte, nc. i think i'll just have to make sure that i have my alma with me to see how i feel about certain color combos. i just wasn't sure if getting an amarante wallet would be matchy-matchy overkill or not :smile: