Wallet Choice - Zippy Compact Mono vs Insolite Multicolore Mono

nerual13

Sep 2, 2014
So I'm debating between two wallets, the Zippy Compact in Mono vs the Insolite Multicolor White Mono w/ Eglantine interior.

I know they are two totally different styles, but I can only choose one. I also know that the White Multicolore is supposed to be going away.

My current wallet is a medium size Coach wallet, but I'm just as happy with a large wallet. I admit to LOVING the White Mono Insolite but just not sure it might not be too big?

Would love some opinions from y'all on what you love about each one. Thanks y'all!!!

Me either! That's how I landed on these two choices. I've also seen in the Zippy clubhouse a photo of something called the Empreinte Infini Zippy Wallet (aka the Secret Long Wallet). I LOVED it but cannot locate it on the LV website. It too opens flat. I really don't love accordion wallets at all!

Oh so the colors do rub off? And an excellent point. Good reminder of why I'm walking away from Coach and making the step up to a small selection of very good bags! I'm also concerned with cards being able to fall out of the insolite. Too many choices!!!!

I love the Insolite MC but couldnt pull the trigger since I bought a Chanel wallet. I however did purchase a ZCP in white MC and i love it to bits so i'm a bit biased. I like MC on slg more than any other print because it just looks special. Have you seen the new Sarah wallet in MC? its sooo gorgeous and might be smaller than the insolite.

Oh so the colors do rub off? And an excellent point. Good reminder of why I'm walking away from Coach and making the step up to a small selection of very good bags! I'm also concerned with cards being able to fall out of the insolite. Too many choices!!!!

I havent experienced color rubbing off (and I have like 5+ SLGS in MC from wallets to cosmetic pouches to key holders etc.) . However keep in mind that monogram can also have colors rubbing off/chipping too. Anything canvas could chip. it really depends how you take care of it.

I did see Sarah, but I adore wallets that open flat. Thus the ones I'm looking at. And I DO love the MC too. Quite torn here! My poor SA will just have to show me both and I'm thinking a hands on with them will help. I think it's the color I like on insolite vs ZCW. Who oh why could their not be a ZCW in empriente?!

Hi there! I am a flat opening wallet maven, and I rotate wallets frequently (I have it down to a two minute process). I have both the insolite and the zippy compact wallet. While they are both flat opening, the similarities end there. I love the insolite because I can just use the double zipper area for cash (bills and coins) without opening the whole wallet, and it fits money from many countries. I seldom snap it shut. I have not had problems with loosening card slots. I will say, it is a lot of wallet. After one week of use, I usually long for the zippy compact (not any of my Chanel yen wallets, or other LV or Ferragamo wallets), the zippy compact specifically. I think it is because they are actually so different. I also find myself using the insolite as a clutch often. I was thinking of doing a video on how I pack mine. I have gotten a lot in there! Likewise the zippy compact holds more than it seems to. I find the key is to use the deep pocket for bills, and avoid too many coins. Also, if you carry a lot of cash (wads of bills) the compact can get bulky in the middle. For this purpose, I prefer the insolite by far. Additionally, for traveling through various countries, with different currencies, I find the insolite great because I can separate them in the different long compartments without folding.

So just assess your lifestyle and prioritize your needs rather than the print. If you love the print but don't use the wallet because it doesn't work for you, then what is the point of owning it?

Sorry I made a case for both, but I do really love both, but for different reasons.

HTH GLD!

You could probably call the customer service number and ask if any of the stores still have the secret long wallet in infini. They may not have on website but some stores still might. This is how I have found a few discontinued pieces. The stores keep them until sold.

I did see Sarah, but I adore wallets that open flat. Thus the ones I'm looking at. And I DO love the MC too. Quite torn here! My poor SA will just have to show me both and I'm thinking a hands on with them will help. I think it's the color I like on insolite vs ZCW. Who oh why could their not be a ZCW in empriente?!
Gosh this is a tough choice, they are so different. I would probably choose the ZCW. Definitely take a look at them side by side IRL, I am sure your SA will be happy to show you both. Looking forward to seeing which you choose! GLD!

I only have the zippy compact which I bought about 6 weeks ago in DE. I love this wallet, just adore it so much that I'm going today to look at them in epi. I would love to have one with silver hardware.

The reasons I love it:
Opens fully. Nice, sturdy zipper makes everything secure. (I worry about the snaps on the Insolite.) 10 card slots plus an extra deeper card slot. (The regular full size zippy only has 8 card slots!) Tons of pockets for receipts or coupons or gift cards. Fits my phone fully inside when zipped up (as long as I'm not carrying too many bulky coins.) It fits beautifully inside a wide range of bags, including small ones. I can use it in my Chanel m/l flap, which isn't exactly a huge bag, or in a Mulberry small Lily.

A couple small negatives:
As said previously, too many coins can make it a bit bulky. I also generally keep my cash in the big, deep full length pocket where it can slip down and hide a bit. Dollars don't fit too easily in one of the other pockets but I haven't tried doing that much.

Have fun with your decision!!

If I had it to do again, I'd buy the Zippy. The size is great-I purchased the zippy organizer because I carry a checkbook-very happy with it except it is and inch or so longer than the regular zippy and doesn't fit in all my bags. I love how zippy lies flat and the zipper keeps everything secure.

I would phone customer service to see if they could track down an Empreinte Secret Long Wallet for you! :smile: