wallet as a clutch??

lwatson13

Apr 24, 2007
yesterday at tj maxx i bought a nine west check book wallet (so it is long)...i already have a great marc jacobs wallet so i don't want to use it as a wallet and was planning on using it as a clutch (there is room for my cellphone, keys, chapstick, and credit cards....is this silly or do you think it is ok?? :confused1:

I have to agree, if you want to use it as a clutch, then go right ahead. As long as you like it, isn't that really what matters?

Although I think I'm a little biased, because I have an LV wallet that I do the same thing with.

Use it as a clutch. I do this all time. I especially do this with the cheap wallets at American Eagle. So when i go to a night club or bar or out where i cant really keep an eye on my purse, I can clip those type to pair of sexy jeans. A lot wallets have wrist straps these days,so i can wear it on my arm.

It's yours...do whatever you like with it. Not silly at all. I used to use wallets as clutches all the time, back when I thought purses were annoying to carry (gasp!).

I'm thinking of doing the same thing!
(I'm going to buy a LV wallet, or MJ... I like the MJ Pouch Pocket Wallet, but it's really big! If I buy that one I'm not going to use it as a wallet, that's a clutch, and nothing else...)

Not silly at all! I used to have a coach checkbook wallet I'd use as a clutch from time to time (but not it didn't zip around so it wasn't great). And i just picked up a balenciaga mini compagnon that I plan to use wristlet style.

I don't see why not. I always buy wallets that can be used as a clutch because it's so much more convenient when I don't want to tote my purse around for quick runs into the store and such.