Home & Garden Wall mounted storage cubes?

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I just repainted my guest bathroom and now i'm looking for a storage solution. It has an odd shape, so conventional storage doesn't look right. I've tried cabinets, bookcases, etc. I think that the answer would be 3 staggered wall-mounted storage cubes or shelves. I would prefer white lacquer vs. flat black vs. silver but any would work in the space. I just need to store extra toilet paper and maybe a candle w matches, so it doesn't have to be heavy duty. I do want it to look nice, not as cheap as the Container Store galvanized storage boxes. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

Last edited:
Target has some modular shelving units as well as wall-mounted cabinets with doors that look fine. They are, of course, particle board covered with a veneer and/or painted white, so they are not fine furniture by any means. But they do look fine and provided they wouldn't be used in a heavy-duty way, they will hold up just fine. I imagine Ikea might have similar things. But it is difficult to go a step up from places like Target and Ikea, since most heirloom furniture makers don't deal in modular shelving!

http://www.target.com/p/ClosetMaid-...nk=Rec|pdp|562700|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

Wall mounted storage cubes can look good. My friend did three in her powder room but she bought the cheapest ones she could find and put them in a very expensive powder room. They ruin the look of the whole room. I personally feel metal storage cubes for the wall are something different that also work. I have bought a few nice metal storage things from thrift/consignment-antique shops. Usually the shops filled with junk are the ones you find treasures in.

Target has some modular shelving units as well as wall-mounted cabinets with doors that look fine. They are, of course, particle board covered with a veneer and/or painted white, so they are not fine furniture by any means. But they do look fine and provided they wouldn't be used in a heavy-duty way, they will hold up just fine. I imagine Ikea might have similar things. But it is difficult to go a step up from places like Target and Ikea, since most heirloom furniture makers don't deal in modular shelving!

http://www.target.com/p/ClosetMaid-9-Cube-Organizer-White/-/A-562700?reco=Rec|pdp|562700|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|562700|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

I have the 9 cube and the 6 cube in the espresso for my bedroom, it's very fun! I got green and cream color drawers to go along with them. Easy to assemble. Just follow directions on the instruction pamphlet.