Home & Garden Wall mounted storage cubes?

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
urban jungle
I just repainted my guest bathroom and now i'm looking for a storage solution. It has an odd shape, so conventional storage doesn't look right. I've tried cabinets, bookcases, etc. I think that the answer would be 3 staggered wall-mounted storage cubes or shelves. I would prefer white lacquer vs. flat black vs. silver but any would work in the space. I just need to store extra toilet paper and maybe a candle w matches, so it doesn't have to be heavy duty. I do want it to look nice, not as cheap as the Container Store galvanized storage boxes. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

Last edited:

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Target has some modular shelving units as well as wall-mounted cabinets with doors that look fine. They are, of course, particle board covered with a veneer and/or painted white, so they are not fine furniture by any means. But they do look fine and provided they wouldn't be used in a heavy-duty way, they will hold up just fine. I imagine Ikea might have similar things. But it is difficult to go a step up from places like Target and Ikea, since most heirloom furniture makers don't deal in modular shelving!

http://www.target.com/p/ClosetMaid-...nk=Rec|pdp|562700|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Wall mounted storage cubes can look good. My friend did three in her powder room but she bought the cheapest ones she could find and put them in a very expensive powder room. They ruin the look of the whole room. I personally feel metal storage cubes for the wall are something different that also work. I have bought a few nice metal storage things from thrift/consignment-antique shops. Usually the shops filled with junk are the ones you find treasures in.

applepielicious

Level: Pie
Jun 19, 2009
New York
Target has some modular shelving units as well as wall-mounted cabinets with doors that look fine. They are, of course, particle board covered with a veneer and/or painted white, so they are not fine furniture by any means. But they do look fine and provided they wouldn't be used in a heavy-duty way, they will hold up just fine. I imagine Ikea might have similar things. But it is difficult to go a step up from places like Target and Ikea, since most heirloom furniture makers don't deal in modular shelving!

http://www.target.com/p/ClosetMaid-9-Cube-Organizer-White/-/A-562700?reco=Rec|pdp|562700|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|562700|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

I have the 9 cube and the 6 cube in the espresso for my bedroom, it's very fun! I got green and cream color drawers to go along with them. Easy to assemble. Just follow directions on the instruction pamphlet.