Wal-Mart sucks!

LOL!! I live in a nice part of town and it's still that sh*tty. In Canada I swear Wal-Mart isn't this dirty; I'm not just saying that, it's just something I've noticed. I'm in no way saying that it's ever been nice...but yeah, after this gift card is done with, I plan on staying away.

WalMart is a scary, scary place - but it does have its place, unfortunately. It's SO cheap. And I have to admit that I do love mixing the really cheap with the REAL - people just automatically assume, it's so funny. I can go shopping with my beautiful purses and someone will admire a funny little necklace and ask what boutique I got it at and my brain will laugh *WalMart* while my mouth says "somewhere downtown, treasure hunting." So, it's worth looking through, just don't spend too much time there.

I only go to walmart late at night if my regular store's closed. Luckily the one by me is newer, clean, and has good parking. If I go during the day or weekend it's a total zoo and I stay away! No Target grocery stores here, but I've heard they are nice! Wish I had one near me!

I love Target.....so I go there like once a week. I could live there, seriously!!

We have a huge super Wal-Mart (with the full grocery store), but it is sooo crazy, that I can barely stand to go there anymore. And if I do, I try to do it as late at night as possible.

Luckily, we also have a smaller Wal-Mart that does not have the grocery store, just a few aisles of snacks, pop, candy, etc..so that enables me to buy some grocery staples, beauty products, and pet supplies, while still maintaining my sanity!!

I HATE Walmart with a passion, they are a filthy mess and more importantly, treat their employees like garbage...if anyone needs any proof, read the book "Nickel and Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenreich.

i love target but the nearest one is 45 mins away. wal*mart, is the only business in my area because their super center ran all other grocers out of business. but ive heard theres going to be a target built in my town

I love Target but live in a small town so our Wal-Mart stays nice and clean and you don't really get the crying, screaming children like many Wal-Marts. But I did have a similar experience today at Archiver's (scrapbooking store). I couldn't believe it but I happened to be next to this horrible woman 3 times in the store yelling on her cell phone. After escaping with my purchases guess who I ran into in the parking lot. I had to wait while she backed up after I'd already started because she was of course on her phone not paying attention. I'm a cell phone fan but she was so rude and so oblivious to the outside world. Sorry for the vent - I feel better now.

i went to walmart yesterday just to "run in really quick" and pick up some odds and ends of groceries. well, good lord, it took 25 minutes to check out. on a SUNDAY afternoon, they had 4 lanes open and probably 15+ people in each line. ugh. then they opened a self checkout, which is just as bad.
and i got snapped at when i asked an employee if they could help me find something (i couldn't find the coffee filters...). i was like, you've got to be kidding me.
i remember being at target one time when they were understaffed and there were maybe 4 people in each line. the manager actually came up to everyone and apologized for being understaffed!
if we had a super target, i'd go there any day of the week. but a regular target is awesome. nice people, its CLEAN, and i know that they know what customer service is.
/rant.

Eh, the way about feel about Wal-Mart is that while you save in the short-term, it costs us all in the long-run. I think Wal-Mart is yet another company whose social irresponsibility will hurt the middle-class in the future.

I agree. I'd never shop at wal mart simply because of their poor business practices (just like I won't use exxon or mobil because of their poor environmental practices).

0o0o walmart LOL - hehehehe, when i went to canada my friend took me to walmart i couldn't believe how HUGE it was!!!! SO FRICKEN HUGE!!! i was quite shocked - just overwhelming!!! hmmm, i might change my Advatar pic.... :shame:

I don't think Wal*Mart is so bad - and I'm kind of surprised by some of the responses that I've seen in this community.

Maybe I've never been to a Wal*Mart where people scream at the top of their lungs. *shrug*