Vuitton Opens at CDG

Hello internet friends,

I've been a TPF lurker for a few months now, but first time poster and - hopefully soon - first time LV buyer. While mulling it over for a couple months now, I've decided to take the plunge and that I just *have* to have the PM in empreinte noir. I've gone into my local store to check it out, dealt with a super nice and non-pushy SA that I would love to go back and buy from, and was just giving it another week to mull it over before pulling the plug.

However, I just realized (duh) that I will have a layover in CDG this winter on my way to Switzerland for the holidays. My layover is only 2 hours, but I'm on Delta so I'm reasonably hopeful I'll be in the terminal with the LV store? But I'm also flying out 2 days before Christmas, so my guess is that the chances of happening upon the exact bag I have in mind to buy that time of year would be slim to none. Yet the thrifty side of me did the math and was like jeez, I could save quite a bit of money just waiting (patience isn't my strong suit lol) and hopefully getting lucky. Worst case scenario it isn't there, and if I'm still dying next year I buy it back home?

However, since I'm so new to the LV world and community, I wanted opinions on which strategy I should employ - wait and take my chances, or buy now? I know the PM in mono seems like a hot ticket item these days, but the PM empreinte noir at the moment at least seems to be readily available (its in stock at both LV stores near me atm, and I checked the website and they say it's currently available at CDG as well). However, the SA I dealt with said it would probably be gone before the holidays once everyone starts Christmas shopping. While finances aren't a make or break it issue, I could always be putting more towards savings, so I am leaning towards waiting but just wondering if I'm being super naive thinking I could just waltz in an airport store and find the one bag I want? Any thoughts are welcome!

Hello internet friends,

I've been a TPF lurker for a few months now, but first time poster and - hopefully soon - first time LV buyer. While mulling it over for a couple months now, I've decided to take the plunge and that I just *have* to have the PM in empreinte noir. I've gone into my local store to check it out, dealt with a super nice and non-pushy SA that I would love to go back and buy from, and was just giving it another week to mull it over before pulling the plug.

However, I just realized (duh) that I will have a layover in CDG this winter on my way to Switzerland for the holidays. My layover is only 2 hours, but I'm on Delta so I'm reasonably hopeful I'll be in the terminal with the LV store? But I'm also flying out 2 days before Christmas, so my guess is that the chances of happening upon the exact bag I have in mind to buy that time of year would be slim to none. Yet the thrifty side of me did the math and was like jeez, I could save quite a bit of money just waiting (patience isn't my strong suit lol) and hopefully getting lucky. Worst case scenario it isn't there, and if I'm still dying next year I buy it back home?

However, since I'm so new to the LV world and community, I wanted opinions on which strategy I should employ - wait and take my chances, or buy now? I know the PM in mono seems like a hot ticket item these days, but the PM empreinte noir at the moment at least seems to be readily available (its in stock at both LV stores near me atm, and I checked the website and they say it's currently available at CDG as well). However, the SA I dealt with said it would probably be gone before the holidays once everyone starts Christmas shopping. While finances aren't a make or break it issue, I could always be putting more towards savings, so I am leaning towards waiting but just wondering if I'm being super naive thinking I could just waltz in an airport store and find the one bag I want? Any thoughts are welcome!
I would wait and try to buy at CDG. If they don’t have it, you can try in Switzerland too. Then if they don’t have it there, buy back home.

Thanks all - while the money saved does seem like a no-brainer, the waiting is the hard part!! Definitely an instant gratification type person, but maybe that's something I should work on...

Has anyone shopped at the CDG store before? Leaning towards trying my luck there, and then going shopping in Geneva if not - it will also be my first time in Switzerland, so might be nice to have my first LV purchase be there and that much more special :smile:

Thanks all - while the money saved does seem like a no-brainer, the waiting is the hard part!! Definitely an instant gratification type person, but maybe that's something I should work on...

Has anyone shopped at the CDG store before? Leaning towards trying my luck there, and then going shopping in Geneva if not - it will also be my first time in Switzerland, so might be nice to have my first LV purchase be there and that much more special :smile:

CDG store is small and choices are limited. So it's a hit or miss at that store. I would suggest you to look at multiple options at home before heading there in case they don't have the exact bag you are looking for. You are looking at around 35%-40% less than US MSRP plus sales tax after you get the 12% tax refund at CDG. Of course that also depends on exchange rate around Christmas time and if you declare your purchase at US custom or not. However you slice it, whatever you buy will likely be a lot cheaper in EU than in US. Switzerland isn't part of EU and they have their own currency. You are looking at less savings if you buy in Switzerland. I think it's around 20-25% off US retail plus state sales tax. Again, savings depends on the exchange rate.

CDG store is small and choices are limited. So it's a hit or miss at that store. I would suggest you to look at multiple options at home before heading there in case they don't have the exact bag you are looking for. You are looking at around 35%-40% less than US MSRP plus sales tax after you get the 12% tax refund at CDG. Of course that also depends on exchange rate around Christmas time and if you declare your purchase at US custom or not. However you slice it, whatever you buy will likely be a lot cheaper in EU than in US. Switzerland isn't part of EU and they have their own currency. You are looking at less savings if you buy in Switzerland. I think it's around 20-25% off US retail plus state sales tax. Again, savings depends on the exchange rate.

Thanks so much!! Super helpful info :smile:

My boyfriend ended up having a work trip with a layover in CDG on his way home, and so was able to pick up my brand new baby for me - didn’t have to wait until December after all and everyone was so right, the price savings were SO worth it !! Thanks for all the advice !

Attachments

• FD24D6CF-E0D6-4806-A8FE-768EB408CB83.jpeg
    FD24D6CF-E0D6-4806-A8FE-768EB408CB83.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 165
Got this in cdg yesterday. £838 after conversion. Heathrow is £823 for the speedy b 25. Still a good saving from £985 though. The man who served me took my passport into the stock room before telling it was available. Obviously he took my passport to the back to check my purchase history before deciding whether he would bring it out for me or not. He would have came back out and lied to me there was none otherwise. They were much friendlier on my previous visit in August but I guess it depends on who serves you.

Attachments

• 6C2035FD-9700-4F7B-9C7F-76D9E5896039.jpeg
    6C2035FD-9700-4F7B-9C7F-76D9E5896039.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: MmeM124
We just flew through CDG this past week. We were not allowed in to terminal K. We flew into Terminal 2E hall M. We left out of Terminal 2F. We asked two different people and they would not let us through. The only thing between us and the store was the security. We could see the store, but would not let us through.:sad::sad: I was able to purchase 2 neverfulls in monogram in Zurich. We had called ahead and asked if they had any in stock, we were told no. We decided to try anyway, since we were there anyway. When we went in, we were greeted by a person that asked what we needed. We told her we were interested in the neverfulls and a couple of other bags. She checked the stock on her ipad, and told us they were out of stock. We waited to see an associate to look at the other bags. When it was our turn to see an associate, we told her what we were interested in. She went to the drawer and pulled out the neverfulls! They had several with the different colored inside. Lesson learned, do not trust the answer if you call or from the greeter. If we had left without talking to an associate, we would have missed out on our deals. Apparently they don't update their inventory in the computer. Always go and check.

Last edited:
I was at CDG on Sunday. I flew out of Terminal 2E hall L. The LV store is in hall K. I just told them I wanted to shop at LV and they let me through. Unfortunately my shopping experience was pretty miserable. I have been on the hunt for a pochette Métis for over a year. The SA told me they had one on Saturday but they could not reserve it for me not could I provide a card over the phone for it. The SA texted me on Sunday morning and told me it was sold. They had really limited inventory. I also don’t feel like they give the same level of service. I would not recommend going there in the future, if you have something specific in mind. Next time I will shop in one of the larger boutiques.