vintage rolex repair question

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
My late grandmother has this watch for a long time, and one the corner has tarnished, I don't know if there's a home remedy I could do myself or I should bring it to professional instead? My mom took these pictures and wants to pass it down to me but I don't think I could wear it since it has tarnish on it. Anyone knows if someone could do vintage rolex repair in Calgary or Canada? TIA!

73C800A7-66D6-4D5F-B26F-AB1A1834F3BA.jpeg

B3420480-E702-4DB4-A99E-DEA271E3A99F.jpeg

7546693B-3431-441B-9EE3-F2BD157EA22C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Thanks. I thought since it's only the gold part I could just polish it with cleaning cloth. but I guess I better to send it to professional then!
there is a rolex forum that's very active and the members post recommendations for local service - not sure about Canada but worth a look
It is a pretty watch

on second thought since they are not working on the movement, a good local jeweler who does repairs could maybe fix it....Is it 14K gold? wonder why it tarnished

Last edited:
there is a rolex forum that's very active and the members post recommendations for local service - not sure about Canada but worth a look
It is a pretty watch

on second thought since they are not working on the movement, a good local jeweler who does repairs could maybe fix it....Is it 14K gold? wonder why it tarnished

not sure why it is tarnished too, probably due to poor storage. It was likely never worn for a very long time.

Last edited: