Vintage reveal

Nikoru0111

Jul 7, 2014
So I just bought a vintage LV epi speedy from a consignment store in Tokyo. I will get it authenticated on here but the store is a very big well known store and will give a full refund if it turns out to be fake. I believe it was made September 1994 and is a blue epi speedy 25. It's my first designer bag purchase and I really didn't know what I was going to buy. I first was going to buy a brand new prada but changed my mind several times and ended up with this. I heard that the quality of both LV and prada has gone down hill and the price has just gone up so I looked in the consignment stores for some older better quality ones. The bag leather shows absolutely no wear and has no stains. It looks like it doesn't need babying either which is a huge bonus. The only thing is the lock is dull now so could do with cleaning up....or could I go to a store for to buy a new one, would they let me but just the lock? The zip is in pretty good condition for a 20 year old as well. Anyway...enough rambling and on with the pictures...

...so what do you think?!

I just thought since I was prepared to go buy a a new lock I might try my best to clean up the original one so I just dipped it in some silver cleaner for 10 seconds and it came up a treat! It's all shiny again. You can tell it's a little worn (but it is nearly 20 years old!) Haha. I'm very pleased with it. It was pretty cheap as well. Seriously I think some of you ladies would die if you went into these large consignment stores in Tokyo. The girls in Japan either have so many bags and hardly use them or try look after them so so well that the bags in the stores are near perfect. All the imperfections are pointed out when you buy them and they are graded as a whole A-D. The amount of Birkin and Kelly bags I saw today was unbelievable!

Last edited:
It's Toledo blue. I owned this bag but sold it. Mine was from 1994 also. I cleaned the lock and zipper using a silver polishing cloth.
It's such a rugged and well made bag. I wish LV would come out with an Epi speedy B.

Thanks baglady14! Yes I think I would prefer it as a speedy B but nevermind. I'm curious how much you sold yours for...I'm wondering if I got a good deal or not. Although in Japan imported leather goods have a 30% tax (I think) so designer things here are RIDICULOUS prices!

Congrats on your new epi Speedy! The condition is really amazing!
You are a lucky girl to have an opportunity to visit such consignment store. I would feel like in bag heaven! :tender:

That is a real beauty! I've seen a home in Tokyo before and let me tell you it was small. And the guy that owns the house is a really big rock star there!

I also think that Japanese people take extremely good care of their luxury items. Everything that I have bought from Japan is in extremely good condition! And so far, I've never had to pay anything in Customs. :smile:

This Epi Speedy is so pretty. Big congrats and enjoy! :biggrin:

Congrats on your near perfect Speedy!

Do you mind letting me know which store you went to? I will be travelling to Tokyo in Oct and would love to drop by and a look to see what they have. I went to one last time I was there, I don't remember the name of the store, it was somewhere in the Shinjuku area....near the Istean Dept Store, lol. How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?