Vintage Haut a Courroies in Vache Natural and Upside Down Strap Holder?!

RBoricua

Apr 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just welcomed the newest addition to my Hermes collection, a vintage 1988 Haut a Courroies, 32 cm in vache with gold hardware. It is stunning and I love it oh so much!

I included this photo of it so you may see the strap holders. Is it strange that the strap holder is upside down? Is this common in haut a courroies? I am still collecting and learning but wanted to see if anyone knows the history on the upside down strap holder. Thank you so much and Happy Mother's Day to all who are moms or moms to be...

DSC_0284.JPG

Here in Docride's thread ( post #215) there is the same HAC with the strap holders upside down.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...nightmares-hermes-leather-care.917933/page-15

Thank you for sharing the link! I had seen this thread a few days back, but could not find it again. I appreciate everyone's information! This was my dream bag in regards to color, leather, contrasting stitching, size and gold hardware. I am so incredibly happy. I used Docride's advice in cleaning it as it was preloved.

Thank you again to everyone!

it is the original setting for both Birkin and HAC 32 the reason for this is that they guide the straps but the straps don't get hurt when the bag is open. many people mount the straps on the holder when the bag is in open mode, this is a big mistake because it scratches and damages the straps, see the strap holders are there for when the bag is closed !!!
now by 1990/1992 all birkin and 32 hac, have the HW reversed this is because it really is not as easy to use because the bag flap can get stuck/snags on it when you open the bag.

All this said the original 1984 Birkin had pass strap fixtures like HAC or Birkin jpg then they became like the ones on your HAC and now they are reversed.... hope it helps

*note the bag should not be worn with straps on when closed and straps free when open, so much so that this is why even the shadow Birkin has simulated straps floating down not on mock strap holders.*

it is the original setting for both Birkin and HAC 32 the reason for this is that they guide the straps but the straps don't get hurt when the bag is open. many people mount the straps on the holder when the bag is in open mode, this is a big mistake because it scratches and damages the straps, see the strap holders are there for when the bag is closed !!!
now by 1990/1992 all birkin and 32 hac, have the HW reversed this is because it really is not as easy to use because the bag flap can get stuck/snags on it when you open the bag.

All this said the original 1984 Birkin had pass strap fixtures like HAC or Birkin jpg then they became like the ones on your HAC and now they are reversed.... hope it helps

*note the bag should not be worn with straps on when closed and straps free when open, so much so that this is why even the shadow Birkin has simulated straps floating down not on mock strap holders.*

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this! Great information!