Vintage Fendi

Cochrynn

O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
A consignment shop near my house is selling a vintage Fendi purse for 30 dollars and I'm wondering if I shouldd buy it. I certainly don't want to buy a fake but I don't know anything about Fendi and I don't know how to tell. If anyone could help me it would be great!

It had sort of dark brownish vertical stripes and was shaped sort of like a large envelope, with dark brown edging and strap. The colors reminded me the the LV damier print but in stripes rather than checkers. "Fendi" was printed really small along the sides of the stripes but on the front and back of the purse the lettering was upside-down (the I pointed up). The leather seemed real but on the oval-shaped Fendi logo on the front, the stitching was a bit off-center. The stitching around th edge of the oval was closer to the edge on one side.

I think the purse is probably from the 80's or early 90's. I'm not even sure if fake Fendi's were produced at this time. Anyways, thanks for any comments!

hope this can shed some light to your question :yes:

I got this at a local thriftshop seller too....its a vintage fendi envelope clutch...i paid around $50-55 for this...condition is still good, no scuffings at the corners and no chipping of leather :jammin:

FendiVintageclutch001.jpg

FendiVintageclutch003.jpg

FendiVintageclutch002.jpg

FendiVintageclutch004.jpg

To be honest with you, sometimes tags or buckles aren't centered. I've seen in the retail stores, some buckles that were not centered b/c of the way the snap snapped or buckle closed it. For $30....why not????