Vintage Coach?

KristenM

Jan 25, 2008
Hi ladies,

This afternoon while cleaning out my grandmother's house (she recently died), I came across a Coach purse and a Dooney and Burke purse. I almost screamed I was so excited :yahoo: and I never expected that my very practical, "Why would you spend more than $20 on a purse" grandmother would have these in her closet. I'm assuming that they were gifts from my grandfather while he was alive.
Can anyone give me any information on the Coach bag (and the Dooney and Burke if you know anything about it!). I don't normally follow either of these brands so I'm completely clueless!

Thanks!
Kristen

Attachments

• P6200137 (816 x 612).jpg
    P6200137 (816 x 612).jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 390
  • P6200142 (816 x 612).jpg
    P6200142 (816 x 612).jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 407
  • P6200157 (816 x 612).jpg
    P6200157 (816 x 612).jpg
    145 KB · Views: 422
I'm not an expert on Dooney bags, but they are my second love (after Coach). That bag looks like one of the older style "All Weather Leather" (AWL, there was a later line called AWL2 that was a bit more contemporary in styling) bags in the color Dooney called "bone." I've not seen that particular style, but I have several other AWL bags in that color, they were my favorites for years. There should be a little tag inside somewhere with a blue serial number, you could call Dooney and ask them to look up the bag and tell you what it is - each bag had its own serial number so it could be uniquely identified and authenticated. By the way, the AWL bags are incredibly durable and can look new even after years of use, that's part of why I liked them so much. I also just loved the style and the colors.

Congrats on the new bags, enjoy them both.

It's a New York City bag! Meaning it was made in the NYC warehouse some time in between the mid-1970s to the mid-1980s! This is a really classic style of vintage coach. I think I have a similar in black. What an awesome find, congrats! And how sweet that your grandpa probably bought it for your grandma :heart:

Thanks for your reply, but you're replying to a thread that's already 8 years old, and the original poster who asked the question hasn't been an active member since 2010 so she'll probably never see your reply. In fact, she was referred to another part of the forum where her question was discussed.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...e-questions-here.355205/page-29#post-11434818.

Please check the dates on posts before you answer them, and if a warning comes up that you're trying to reply to an old or archived post, please consider not replying. These forums get a large number of new posts every day and it just slows things down and confuses other posters when old posts are brought back from the dead.

Thanks!