vintage classic jumbo flap vs. 2008 classic flap

i_luv_bags_2

Apr 23, 2008
hi,

can anyone share their wisdom on what the difference between a vintage classic flap and a classic flap you would find in the chanel store today? are there noticeable differences?

thanks tPFers:yahoo:!!!

^ITA. May I add, the chains are made of a lighter material (some have referred to it as almost plastic -like) on the newer version. Some like them, some don't.

Exact measurements of the bags have varied slightly too over the years.

Overall though, there aren't alot of differences, so I think that's one of the reasons why the vintage pieces are so popular as they are nearly the same, but much less money. If you find a vintage piece in really good condition, it's hard to tell the difference without looking closely.

I have a vintage caviar jumbo and a 2007 caviar jumbo (I posted a thread about them last week) and can second much of what's been said.

The vintage flap isn't as curved, which makes accessing your items slightly easier. The vintage chain is heavier, which is a plus and a negative- it stays on my shoulder better, but it is heavier. The vintage leather is stiffer, making it more likely to keep its shape and keep the sides from bowing out. I also feel like the vintage flap was made to a higher quality standard than the new ones. My vintage jumbo has held up amazingly, while my new one already has loose threads...but I won't get into a quality rant.