Vintage Chanel Diana Review- mygrandfathersthings

I'll chime in here - I didn't have mine authenticated separately but to be honest I didn't feel the need to. I examined the bag very closely when it arrived and it had all of the proper markers I would look for terms of leather quality, stitch numbers on the quilts, quilts lining up, the brand of zipper, proper stamps and positioning etc. The holo sticker also had the right numbering and patterning/look for the series (right down to the type/font of numbers used), and the number matched the authenticity card - although I personally think the holo is more important than the card.
It's true the sticker/card isn't shown in the greatest of detail in the video so it's a bit of a leap of faith, but I went with my gut and the vibe from the seller.
I am new to her Instagram so I find the whole process a bit confusing. The question I have is if the bags are sold at auction within 24 hours, how does anyone have time to get the bags authenticated? It sounds like people generally trust the seller but the bags sold are not cheap for me to feel comfortable to just buy and then find someone to authentica afterwards. Appreciate anyone’s thought.

I am new to her Instagram so I find the whole process a bit confusing. The question I have is if the bags are sold at auction within 24 hours, how does anyone have time to get the bags authenticated? It sounds like people generally trust the seller but the bags sold are not cheap for me to feel comfortable to just buy and then find someone to authentica afterwards. Appreciate anyone’s thought.

That’s really how it works with all things secondhand though. You pay in a way where you can get a refund/find a reputable seller. I’ve never heard of anyone getting anything professionally authenticated before they have the item in their possession. Oftentimes a professional authenticator will require lots more photos than what the buyer provided. Like, super thorough photos. You just have to use your best judgment and ask the seller questions beforehand too.

Reactions: flyingfree27
Thank you for the information. This is the first time I explore the second hand market and didn’t realize people authenticate the bags only after they make the purchase. I will keep my eyes on her Instagram and other seller. Didn’t think it is so much work to buy a vintage bag!

Reactions: Jacaranda_88
I have purchased from MGFT 2 years ago and she is definitely a trusted seller. Prices can be quite high though so do your own homework (check other sellers and see what's available at what price) and be comfortable with what you are paying. On auction, it might be useful to wait for the half way mark to see what the current bid is and bid higher (if you really want it and again, only if you are comfortable with the bid price!).

On authentication of pre-loved, unfortunately it's quite common to do the checks after purchasing it. Some sellers might already have the bags authenticated but you can't be 100% sure if the cert is legit unless you check separately with the authenticator or do your own authentication after it is in your possession. I don't think this is MGFT's practice to provide any proof of authentication though so if you wish to purchase from her, you can get it authenticated after.

I have purchased from MGFT 2 years ago and she is definitely a trusted seller. Prices can be quite high though so do your own homework (check other sellers and see what's available at what price) and be comfortable with what you are paying. On auction, it might be useful to wait for the half way mark to see what the current bid is and bid higher (if you really want it and again, only if you are comfortable with the bid price!).

On authentication of pre-loved, unfortunately it's quite common to do the checks after purchasing it. Some sellers might already have the bags authenticated but you can't be 100% sure if the cert is legit unless you check separately with the authenticator or do your own authentication after it is in your possession. I don't think this is MGFT's practice to provide any proof of authentication though so if you wish to purchase from her, you can get it authenticated after.
Thank you! It does sound like MGFT has quite a few good references from this blog. I am looking for the vintage mini square bag, the one that is flat looking. There are others who sold this but they don’t have the look I like or not in the condition I want. Will have to keep my eyes out on MGFT and a couple other websites.

Reactions: fellys
I'm looking to buy a vintage Diana and have been looking at dianameetsdiana and MGFT. While both are considered trusted sellers, I'm wondering how they are able to get 20+ year old bags that look nearly brand new. Any insight on this?

Reactions: REAHKHAYE