Vintage Alhambra Malachite Earrings

Violet Bleu

Space Cadet
Apr 16, 2015
Hello VCA experts,

I recently purchased these beauties. I'm new to VCA and was over the moon when I bought them. As I have learned more on this forum, I am beginning to wonder if my earrings are a good match for each other. I feel like the striations are a little more pronounced on one and lighter in color. I'm not super familiar with malachite, so I'm not sure how much I should expect them to match and if I should go through the trouble of finding a replacement pair. I want the earrings to make a good set with my pendant. Please give me your honest opinions. Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, I'm no expert but I think if the "shade" of green matches (which it does on my screen) I feel the "pattern" certainly adds interest to the individual (and very beautiful) pieces. Good luck.
I think you're right about the shade matching perfectly. It does! And I am starting to appreciate the unique striations of each piece.

I have several VCA malachite pieces (including these earrings) and these look fine to me.
It's going to be difficult (if not impossible) to find matching striations. The color match here is perfect.
Thank you for your expert opinion! I was hoping you would see my thread and give your insight. I really appreciate it! I'm starting to appreciate the striations and their individuality.

Do not worry -- they are beautiful together!
Thank you @sbelle! I always drool over your pieces also!

They look beautiful and look great together. Please post a modeling pic wearing all three.:biggrin:
Thank you @Shopgirl1996! I will post a mod pic soon.

Thanks!

Omg! They look stunning! I also want to purchase a pair of earring still deciding between mop or malachite!
Thank you very much! I tried the MOP and love them, but they don't pop as much as the malachite.

Wow! What a beautiful pic, they are gorgeous together. Not an expert, but wanted to comment that they look lovely!
Thank you dear! I appreciate it!

Your earrings & pendant are beautiful! Personally I love Malachite for the different striations and patterns. They would be look "odd" to me if the earrings were exactly alike. The color is amazing.... enjoy!
You make great points. The color does match quite nicely. Thank you!

Wow, I think your earrings look very beautiful with your necklace. Congratulations!
Thank you very much!

With Malachite, every stone is unique so the choice can be a hard one. The shades of green and striations differ vastly.
Do you have a few pairs in the store to compare and choose from? When I bought the magic pendant, there were 3 pieces in the store inventory for me to choose from, so it was handy to be able to have options, did the comparisons and walked away with the one that sang to me the most (which is the 1st piece on the left).

Attachments

• IMG_4905.JPG
    IMG_4905.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 778
With Malachite, every stone is unique so the choice can be a hard one. The shades of green and striations differ vastly.
Do you have a few pairs in the store to compare and choose from? When I bought the magic pendant, there were 3 pieces in the store inventory for me to choose from, so it was handy to be able to have options, did the comparisons and walked away with the one that sang to me the most (which is the 1st piece on the left).
You picked a great one!!
When malachite first launched, my (former) SA told me that the light green malachite like the one pictured on the right is the premium malachite.
I don't care for that type but I love the pieces with high contrast/character.

You picked a great one!!
When malachite first launched, my (former) SA told me that the light green malachite like the one pictured on the right is the premium malachite.
I don't care for that type but I love the pieces with high contrast/character.

Hahaha...I know no better so my bad for not picking the "premium" piece! My SA didn't mention that though. I too like the high contrast pieces and it was a tossed up between the left and middle pieces, he helped me to come to a decision as the one I ultimately bought has less inclusions/specks and is more radiant (less cloudy, if ukwim).

Reactions: Violet Bleu