Victorine wallet reveal and some little thoughts on the new Ariane wallet

TracyLoveCats

Sep 6, 2017
Hey I have been posted it here and there, think might be better just have a new post of all the information I’d like to share.
So after a post asking people’s opinions of which kind of Victorine wallet I should get (choices including Mono with rose inside, my world tour customized one and the Emp leather one), this is what I got today after feeling them in Bloor St.
IMG_1509330069.086540.jpg
I have to say the leather with this color combo is perfect for this wallet, make it elegant and durable. Also I’m big fan of blue and red colour so this is no other choice after seeing and feeling this. Also no worries with the leather button on the mono canvas ones (warning all canvas mono Victorine are with leather button now, even the brown lining one, they are different from the website so be careful).
Here is the size comparison to my small bags (I generally don’t carry too much with me)
IMG_1509330191.024022.jpg
It’s surprisingly perfect size for the mini speedy and if you have a nano speedy it will be even better! Although it is a bit too thick for Pallas clutch together with my phone in a thick phone case, and if you put it vertically you won’t be able to close the zipper.
Ah right, today when I’m with my mini speedy and buying the wallet, a lady with several kids came in to buy a nano speedy for her little daughter, the look on her daughter trying the speedy on is priceless. I’m really happy for them!

Also LV released a new wallet call Ariane and it looks very similar to the Victorine and make me wondering about it, so I actually compare them early today and here is what I observed. Sorry I didn’t take any photos…

Last edited:
I still prefer Victorine to Ariane base on following reasons.
1. A is taller and thicker than V due to the extra compartment which make it not able to fit in my mini speedy and might be hard for nano speedy too.
2. V has 6 card slots and A has 12 which will make A even thicker with every one filled with cards.
3. The bill compartment, V is all the way to the end so good for all kinds of receipts and cash while A is only two card compartment long due to the design on the flip.
4. Although A is with metal button so that is different with all the canvas V.
So all in all if you want a compact wallet with just enough cards, V is a better choice and you will not regret it.

I still prefer Victorine to Ariane base on following reasons.
1. A is taller and thicker than V due to the extra compartment which make it not able to fit in my mini speedy and might be hard for nano speedy too.
2. V has 6 card slots and A has 12 which will make A even thicker with every one filled with cards.
3. The bill compartment, V is all the way to the end so good for all kinds of receipts and cash while A is only two card compartment long due to the design on the flip.
4. Although A is with metal button so that is different with all the canvas V.
So all in all if you want a compact wallet with just enough cards, V is a better choice and you will not regret it.
Great points! Thanks for sharing them and congratulations on your new beauty!

One more thing I noticed for the Emp leather V wallet is the glazing, Bloor St. has two in stock and their glazing quality is so different, both made in France but one is not so good and will probably have issue in the future. I know they are all hand glazed but from my experience of trying to make my own bag I think one of them is definitely not good enough.
So please be careful and double check.

Reactions: ronjet
Hey I have been posted it here and there, think might be better just have a new post of all the information I’d like to share.
So after a post asking people’s opinions of which kind of Victorine wallet I should get (choices including Mono with rose inside, my world tour customized one and the Emp leather one), this is what I got today after feeling them in Bloor St.
View attachment 3866006
I have to say the leather with this color combo is perfect for this wallet, make it elegant and durable. Also I’m big fan of blue and red colour so this is no other choice after seeing and feeling this. Also no worries with the leather button on the mono canvas ones (warning all canvas mono Victorine are with leather button now, even the brown lining one, they are different from the website so be careful).
Here is the size comparison to my small bags (I generally don’t carry too much with me)
View attachment 3866007
It’s surprisingly perfect size for the mini speedy and if you have a nano speedy it will be even better! Although it is a bit too thick for Pallas clutch together with my phone in a thick phone case, and if you put it vertically you won’t be able to close the zipper.
Ah right, today when I’m with my mini speedy and buying the wallet, a lady with several kids came in to buy a nano speedy for her little daughter, the look on her daughter trying the speedy on is priceless. I’m really happy for them!
I love your emprinete victorine and love the marine rouge colour. Congrats!!! Thanks so much for sharing all your research and feedback. Is very interesting to read. Very helpful!!!
Also, that mini speedy.......... is to die for! Wish I got one!!!

Reactions: TracyLoveCats
Hmmm after playing and appreciating my wallet for a while…I noticed it is not so perfect aligned(the two part of the button is not on the same centre location of the leather)…but it’s fine I’m not a perfect person~
Plus considering how good the craftsmanship and the leather is comparing to other big brand, I guess I can tolerate a bit misalignment~

Reactions: Bumbles
I love your emprinete victorine and love the marine rouge colour. Congrats!!! Thanks so much for sharing all your research and feedback. Is very interesting to read. Very helpful!!!
Also, that mini speedy.......... is to die for! Wish I got one!!!
Thank you so much for the kind word! I'm so glad to be in this forum and share thoughts!
Think I'll stop buying for a while, as now I have Emp leather, mono canvas and multicolor canvas and I'm so far satisfied.
Originally at the beginning of this year. I really want a normal size speedy b (25 or 30), but I really love my mini speedy and I think I don't need another speedy 30 type of bag as I have some similar ones from Kate Spade (black color: not easy to be saggy or lose the shape and don't need a bag organizer), Roots (proudly made in Canada using tribe leather and perfect with casual clothes in school, just a bit heavy) and Longchamp (light and amazing, water proof and easy to maintain).
Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum, I think I made the right decision and used my money wisely.

Does anyone have any pics of the Ariane wallet?
I didn't take any photo when I was there, but here are some taken by others.
Here is the overview from us webisite
louis-vuitton-ariane-wallet-monogram-canvas-small-leather-goods--M62036_PM2_Front view.jpg
Here is one about its inside, you can see the extra compartment and how the bill compartment is not to the end.22802449_140746333321903_7542720470294986752_n (1).jpg photo from http://www.imgrum.org/user/p3b_luxe/4461099906
And here is another one from instagram
22802458_365995920491036_9075235002748239872_n.jpg
Hopefully these are helpful for you!
And thank you for the ladies who take the photos!

Congrats!! Loving all your lv goodies there! Thank you for the comparison! I’ve been eyeing the Victorine wallet and your review just confirmed it is the right wallet for me.
Thanks!! you are very welcome!! You will not regret it, just make sure you pick the material and color you like.
I've been using this wallet for two weeks now and I still love it very much! This wallet makes me happy every time I take it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justluvabag