Victorine wallet problems and exchange

Hey all, just a little update. I had originally purchased a monogram rose ballerine victorine wallet in Paris in early October 2016. After using it for about 3 weeks, the lining started to peel off the leather in the credit card slots. I returned it to my local LV store and was given a brand new one. Sadly, 3 weeks later, the same issue. I was then given the option of exchanging it again for the same model or being given a store credit towards another item. I chose the store credit.

Needless to say, I am extreemly dissapointed in this experience. I was very much looking for a compact mongram wallet and the victorine is the only option. I have been patiently waiting for LV to bring back the Helene wallet but no news for the past 6 months on if it will be put back into prodoction. Instead of designing new models, LV keeps recreating different versions of the Victorine.

When I had the victorine in my hands, I was lucky to be able to compare it to my mother's marie-lou compact wallet and my friend's joey wallet. Both those wallets were much sturdier and had thicker linings than my victorine. This makes me doubful of the entire Victorine line.

Here is a pic of the second replacement wallet which shows the exact same issue as the first. Remember, this happened within 3 weeks of use, and it happened to the 2 slots that are used the most (credit card and debit).
VWallet.JPG

To add to the experiences, I just returned my one-year-old mono/RB victorine today .in the shop they said it looked as if it was new and never used (despite the fact that I used it daily). But I also had the peeling issue inside card slots. They've offered me an exchange for the same or another model. I may go for the victorine in empreinte and see if the quality there is better. I have loved using this model and would hate to part ways. It really is a fab piece!