Vets , what did you wish you knew prior to having ps ?

krod2017

Sofa King Banned
Nov 9, 2016
I am going to make this thread for those who haven’t had surgery yet. I want those who have had surgery abroad to talk about what information they wish they would have had prior to having surgery
I will start first . I had plastic surgery at tl plastic surgery , every surgery I had they screwed up and I am still in the process of correcting, Ive fixed my nose in china x2, now I am going to have a hairline transplant to cover up the scar they gave me from my hairline lowering , and get a removal of my chin implant and replace it. So the first thing I regret was going to Tlps. Worst mistake of my life

2) Do not go to a clinic that rushes you to put down a deposit.
3) if you are young, do not go have surgery alone, go with a parent or an older loved one !
4) go to korea ,China, Thailand etc on a trip for a week, have a list of clinics you are interested in and go check out the clinics and get a tour. Weigh your options and come back on a second trip and have surgery
5) do not rush surgery . I know you want to look beautiful \ handsome asap. But picking the wrong clinic and getting bad results will cost you more money, embarrassment and time to correct .
6) if you have a botched surgery , it is hard facing family and friends and co workers. Luckily I didn’t have a job where I have to deal with the public , so I was able to hide away. Most don’t . And I’m sure it is difficult
7)research the procedure you are having done, know what they are going to be doing with your face or body ..look up the complications and don’t think it can’t happen to you.. it can
8) get many before and after results and videos of the work your doctor does. If you don’t have enough examples of people who have similar features to yourself ..don’t do it. Don’t Assume the doctor can give you results you want ..
9)when you are having rhinoplasty ..there is a risk that the doctor can mess up and cause you breathing problems. Tlps dr choi did my primary nose job and botched it severely.. causing me to have sleepless nights. That is a risk so be very careful
10) do not have multiple surgeries at once!!! The doctor will have to spend less time one each area getting fixed. Which can equal a rushed horrible job !!
11) do not trust raving reviews without multiple photos and angles
12) the consultants are not your friends
13) soyoung.com is a life saver .

Reactions: figjamm
Don’t go anywhere where the consultant you are speaking to is rude, rushed or straight up money orientated. This can make things very very difficult for you during your recovery process and if things do somehow unfortunately go wrong, you will have a very bad time trying to sort the problem out

Agree. 3 yrs after cheekbone reduction, my face shape went from a nice oval to almost rounded rectangle because the skin tissues and muscles attached to the cheeks have detached and sagged to the bottom of my face. If u really hv to do it, try commiting to wearing the face band every night.
I wish I knew that facial contouring surgery is permanent. You will never be able to get back the bone and contour of your face. It will prematurely age you bc you need the bone structure to hold up your face
not sure if it helps but i regret not trying.

Reactions: krod2017
—Avoid the big hospitals and go to smaller to mid sized clinics to avoid a rush job, botch job, shadow doctors, and lack of communication and responsibility/ inability to reach the doctor when things go wrong.

—Don’t believe all the positive reviews you read online or even the lack of negative reviews. Korean clinics have threatened or bribed unhappy patients to take down negative reviews in the past, and they easily cover up bad news in the media. Promoters post positive reviews. It is not like the United States where free speech is encouraged and protected.

-Cheaper is not better but neither is more expensive. Focus on finding the right doctor for you.

-Avoid high seasons if possible (December is a terrible time)

-try and pick a doctor that does not rush you out during consultations and patiently addressed all of your questions and concerns

Don’t go anywhere where the consultant you are speaking to is rude, rushed or straight up money orientated. This can make things very very difficult for you during your recovery process and if things do somehow unfortunately go wrong, you will have a very bad time trying to sort the problem out
So true. Bad vibes from a consultant let’s you know a lot about a clinic .

—Avoid the big hospitals and go to smaller to mid sized clinics to avoid a rush job, botch job, shadow doctors, and lack of communication and responsibility/ inability to reach the doctor when things go wrong.

—Don’t believe all the positive reviews you read online or even the lack of negative reviews. Korean clinics have threatened or bribed unhappy patients to take down negative reviews in the past, and they easily cover up bad news in the media. Promoters post positive reviews. It is not like the United States where free speech is encouraged and protected.

-Cheaper is not better but neither is more expensive. Focus on finding the right doctor for you.

-Avoid high seasons if possible (December is a terrible time)

-try and pick a doctor that does not rush you out during consultations and patiently addressed all of your questions and concerns
Good advice !