Vestiaire Collective experiences?

I have made the exact same experience!! Received a „flawless“
bag that is dirty and damaged all over. Still they refuse to refund and re-listed under my name!! Does anyone has an experience what works? As this seems to be standard practice by now, can we take legal action together?? (I am in Germany.) To me this appears as borderline fraudulent business practice!
I agree, it is fraudulent! It’s also ridiculous that they don’t even let you set the price when they force you to “resell” it!

Did you pay by credit card by chance? I hope there are some consumer protection laws in Germany. I was able to get a full refund through PayPal but it was so frustrating

I agree, it is fraudulent! It’s also ridiculous that they don’t even let you set the price when they force you to “resell” it!

Did you pay by credit card by chance? I hope there are some consumer protection laws in Germany. I was able to get a full refund through PayPal but it was so frustrating

I agree with this..
If they relist the bag, at the original selling price, the buyer that now has to sell the bag, will LOSE MONEY!
After shipping & VC takes their commission, the buyer would be out a good percentage of money when they should've been refunded in full.
They get commission TWICE and the buyer isn't made whole.

I've purchased about 20 items from VC most have been great and as described but.. One pair of Haider Ackermann boots, for which I had searched a very long time, listed as great condition; After purchase, I was contacted by VC's team, they said the laces were short, possibly broken, offered 20% back.. I agreed not knowing the 20% would be a coupon for a future purchase. (Which I never used and it expired). :sad:
It gets better; upon receipt of the boots, the zippers do NOT function at all. They are literally frozen in place, seemingly rusted, I don't know.
The boots are unwearable and they would not refund/help me since I agreed to the partial refund on the laces! If I had been informed of the zippers, I would have declined to complete the purchase. If I list them for sale, I will disclose the zipper issue and the lace issue so will not be able to price them for even a fraction of what I paid.

The issues everyone have experienced wont prevent me from shopping/selling there YET but I'm a lot more discerning & careful.

I stared a PayPal case as I only receive generic chat messages generally stating „we care about your issue and will get back to you shortly“. The content of this message appears rather cynical if this is the message you receive every day all week!
Here is a question: would you answer the questions that potential buyers are asking? I would feel sorry for the next person who gets ripped of by VC, so I do not want to play along. Then again, I would love to get at least most of my money back and hope that the next person has more routine protecting themselves against their fraud, which is what they are doing in my opinion.
I wonder if it is worth it. With me they are also loosing my friends as customers. I don’t want to know how many thousands of Euros we spent together every year (probably 6 figure)

Reactions: PikaboICU
I stared a PayPal case as I only receive generic chat messages generally stating „we care about your issue and will get back to you shortly“. The content of this message appears rather cynical if this is the message you receive every day all week!
Here is a question: would you answer the questions that potential buyers are asking? I would feel sorry for the next person who gets ripped of by VC, so I do not want to play along. Then again, I would love to get at least most of my money back and hope that the next person has more routine protecting themselves against their fraud, which is what they are doing in my opinion.
I wonder if it is worth it. With me they are also loosing my friends as customers. I don’t want to know how many thousands of Euros we spent together every year (probably 6 figure)

I hope PP will help you out. You have neither bag nor money so you should be entitled to a refund.

Answering questions does create an ethical conundrum. :-s They listed the bag under your name so it becomes your reputation as a seller if there are issues. I don't think my conscience would allow me to not be honest with potential buyers but I know that might prevent sales and thus hinder you getting your money back.
OTOH if you don't answer their questions honestly, it could end up in a return on you as "the seller."

Let's just hope & pray PP does the right thing and helps you get the refund from VC. Then the "question" issue will be a moot point.
Good Luck! We're rooting for you.

My experience comes from a selling perspective. I am trying to list a VCA bracelet that is in new condition. I’ve taken pictures of the paperwork, of the serial number on the bracelet, tons of photos of the bracelet, and they still won’t list it saying they need more. I’m not sure what else is missing at this point. I even uploaded a photo of the purchase receipt.

• Sad
My experience comes from a selling perspective. I am trying to list a VCA bracelet that is in new condition. I’ve taken pictures of the paperwork, of the serial number on the bracelet, tons of photos of the bracelet, and they still won’t list it saying they need more. I’m not sure what else is missing at this point. I even uploaded a photo of the purchase receipt.
I supposed you could hop a flight and present in in person for inspection.:annoyed:
That's ridiculous considering the amount of fakes I've seen get through, not bracelets exactly but still.

Is it an AI/computer rejecting it? Perhaps inquire to have human eyes on the listing & proof?

I supposed you could hop a flight and present in in person for inspection.:annoyed:
That's ridiculous considering the amount of fakes I've seen get through, not bracelets exactly but still.

Is it an AI/computer rejecting it? Perhaps inquire to have human eyes on the listing & proof?
It probably is as I received the rejection at 1:30a.m. I am not sure what more I could submit as proof of authenticity to them. I'll try again!

It probably is as I received the rejection at 1:30a.m. I am not sure what more I could submit as proof of authenticity to them. I'll try again!
Sometimes it is hard to tell. You could have one word that is flagging something in their system. I've been trying for a very long time to list a certain item on Poshmark. It is a leather ziparound binder. I have other similar items listed, other binders, but for some reason, it gets flagged as a prohibited item. I finally got it listed by deleting a lot of the description and changing the category.

This happened to me, items from the boutique with receipts. I did the chat function (when available) and explained, they had me upload the item reference number (it will be in your email from when you submitted it) and a photo of the receipt/certificate into the chat (there is a plus sign on the left hand side of the text box and you can add photos) and they submitted it again and it was approved and up on the site the next day.

I recently purchased my first item from VC. There were only a few pix and taken at a distance. The price was really good so i chanced it. There is a good amount of undescribed dirt on the bag and a few other undisclosed issues. Its a light color so i am not sure i can clean it up. The price was so good that i am mostly ok with it, but i will think twice before buying from them again. Especially after just reading through the last few pages of this thread.

• Sad
I’ve heard frustrating stories about Vestiaire from friends and colleagues! I’d, in principle, avoid Vestiaire, but sometimes we don’t really have a choice if a particular item is only available on their site (past season, hard to find, etc.).

For future purchases, I would suggest taking a video of the unboxing, showing clearly, in the beginning, that the box hasn’t been opened yet and continuing until you’ve filmed the purchase from all sides and inside. That way, in the case where the purchase doesn’t match the item description or state, you’ll have concrete proof in order to dispute it.

I'm both a seller and a buyer on VC and it has been very frustrating on occasion. VC customer service is really slow, impersonal and not very helpful. On one occasion, I bought a leather jacket and it was sent to me after it was authenticated at the VC hub. Unfortunately it didn't fit me so I sold it on through VC. Another buyer bought it with direct shipping. Upon receiving the item, the buyer questioned it's authenticity. Ofcourse, I thought I had nothing to worry about. Surely VC, who authenticated the jacket the first time could not rule otherwise the second time? Well it took lots of time and nagging before this was settled, the payment was on hold all that time. VC actually had the jacket shipped to their hub to go through the authenticity process again! I highly suspect the buyer just flagged it as an excuse because it didn't fit :annoyed: I did end up getting paid and I believe the jacket was relisted under VC's own account.

From a buyer perspective, I haven't encountered untrustworthy sellers yet. I want to believe most people on VC are good people, not scammers. But I find the stories shared in this thread discouraging :sad: I would go somewhere else to buy/sell my designer things but here in Europe we have no good alternatives - others are either too small to reach potential buyers or offer even less protection from malicious buyers/sellers.

VC is such a strange place… Tried to list my never worn authentic Gucci with photos of bag itself, hardware, inside, bottom, logo, serial number, tags, dust bag, email order confirmation (sent separately after I was asked for more proof of authenticity by VC) - nope, still refused the item. But this (please see photo) is sitting comfortably on their website - no serial number, no detailed photos. The stitching screams fake. And where is the serial number photo?! Amazing double standards.

64D78051-A526-4391-8116-93AFFA87533D.png

5337384B-84B9-46DA-9574-59456587328D.png

BE1310F8-620D-4AFF-999D-E91CDC97C675.png

DBDF8896-0529-4B31-9CD8-5040457E9505.png

Reactions: htx1234
I'm both a seller and a buyer on VC and it has been very frustrating on occasion. VC customer service is really slow, impersonal and not very helpful. On one occasion, I bought a leather jacket and it was sent to me after it was authenticated at the VC hub. Unfortunately it didn't fit me so I sold it on through VC. Another buyer bought it with direct shipping. Upon receiving the item, the buyer questioned it's authenticity. Ofcourse, I thought I had nothing to worry about. Surely VC, who authenticated the jacket the first time could not rule otherwise the second time? Well it took lots of time and nagging before this was settled, the payment was on hold all that time. VC actually had the jacket shipped to their hub to go through the authenticity process again! I highly suspect the buyer just flagged it as an excuse because it didn't fit :annoyed: I did end up getting paid and I believe the jacket was relisted under VC's own account.

From a buyer perspective, I haven't encountered untrustworthy sellers yet. I want to believe most people on VC are good people, not scammers. But I find the stories shared in this thread discouraging :sad: I would go somewhere else to buy/sell my designer things but here in Europe we have no good alternatives - others are either too small to reach potential buyers or offer even less protection from malicious buyers/sellers.
Wonder what happens if the buyer who made the purchase through direct shipping damages your jacket to facilitate the return