Very FRUSTRATED with eBay ~ can't edit listing!

accio sacculus

O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
Hello, can anyone give me any advice as to what I can do?

I'm trying sell a couple of items on eBay but was contacted by a couple of buyers telling me the shipping options weren't working, and another who wanted extra photos added. When I went to add the shipping options and photos, I keep getting this message:

You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
errorSm.gif
Attention Seller:In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts listing items that are reportedly favored by counterfeiters. At this time, you are restricted from listing certain trademarked items until your current listings have ended. If you have any additional questions about this subject, email us at Customer Support.
We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.
Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items

When I e-mail eBay directly with the issue, they keep answering that I can't post new listings until 7 days after my existing auctions end. I keep telling them that I'm not trying to list new items, but edit EXISTING listings, but they keep giving me the same answer! I'm spinning my wheels here...what do I do? There are buyers who want to use the Buy It Now option, but can't because there's no shipping option, and I can't edit! HELP!!! This has been going on for two days now!!!:cursing:

Yup... don't bother to email the customer support, it took 10 days to reply, and it will be a general answer. Whenever you edit your listing, they re-index your listing, so it is like a new one. They do put limit on how many high-end items you can list in a time period, I have no idea how many, but for me, I have to wait a lag time of 7 days before I can do another listing. Pay attention to your wordings too. I think they have a filter, and that filter is sometimes dumb.

live chat or a phone call is the only way you will get this resolved.

Just finished talking with a Live Chat agent...they can't do anything for me either - has to be the Trust & Safety team, but they keep telling me that I have to wait 7 days after my current listing ends before I can list new items or revise current ones....:confused1:

How do I revise current ones when they ended 7 days ago??????? :cursing:

Even if you choose to end your current one, and try to relist the same item but with the new option, they won't let you to... Did you ask eBay how to tell the potential about the shipping 'cause it's important anyway. About the pictures added, you might have to email them individually. Or you can take a chance to end the listing now, and still have to wait 7 days later to relist.

Ebay has put a selling limit on your account. You won't be able to list anything else or edit any listings for 7 days. I had it happen to me awhile ago and it totally SUCKS! Ebay won't do anything. Unfortunately you just have to wait it out.

Very true... Every new seller goes through this. And I know it totally sucks! You just have to wait it out. You can email trust and safety and ask them to increase your selling limit. Its worth a shot. Good luck!

This has happened to me, several times, it's so frustrating, it's often something very simple such as a typo to correct.

Perhaps you could get additional photos up on a free hosting site and then email the link to your potential bidder.

As far as shipping options go, if you agree the shipping costs with your bidder in advance, you can adjust the final invoice when the item has been won maybe?

It's a PITA though - you have my sympathy, it's not fair being penalised because of all the scammers who seem to be able to have unlimited listings of fakes.

Ebay unfortunately considers revisions as new listings. I know it's ridiculous, but we have to play by their rules since they are virtually the only game around. You can always adjust shipping before sending an invoice to the winner of the auction. So sorry this has happened to you. I am a Gold Power Seller (big deal! :roflmfao:) and it happens to me as well. It's very frustrating. Just be sure that before you list an item, you go over the listing 3 or 4 times. Make sure that everything is perfect and will not need revising, since each revision counts as a separate listing. If the shipping calculator messes up, truly interested bidders will email you for a shipping quote. I have been there and believe me, I feel for you!

Ebay has put a selling limit on your account. You won't be able to list anything else or edit any listings for 7 days. I had it happen to me awhile ago and it totally SUCKS! Ebay won't do anything. Unfortunately you just have to wait it out.

Yep, ITA. Are you new to selling or selling highend items? Once you prove yourself as a seller they will lift the limits.

Yep, ITA. Are you new to selling or selling highend items? Once you prove yourself as a seller they will lift the limits.

No, I'm not new to selling, and I've sold high end items before, but not a lot...usually one every once in a blue moon. Thanks, 4theluvof-it, and everyone else for all your advice & input. Still frustrating though :cursing: As my buyers can't use BUY IT NOW with the shipping calculator not working!

Can you use the end listing early option in this situation? The buyer would bid the BIN price or just below it and you would end the auction early and sell to the highest bidder. I've done that before though I wasn't in the same situation as you so I'm not sure if it would work.